What it means to truly love

Alex and Alec both ran at each other, yelling at the top of their lungs. THis was it. It was just their sheer will to live and love that was holding them together.

Alec ripped his shirt off, exposing his muscular abs in the process. Alex copied. Patrick watched in awe.

One of the brunettes swung towards the other, just missing. Alec hissed as he grabbed him by the waist, tackling him to the ground. The thunder roared above them, cracking loudly. It mimicked the way Alex cracked his knuckles.

Alex striked Alec in the chest, blowing him back. As Alec came to kick Alex's face, they began stumbling towards the top of the cliff. The more kicks and punches they threw at each other, the closer they reached the edge.

Alec began choking Alex while straddling his back. Alex was about to lose his breath. Lose his lover. Maybe this was it. Maybe this was the end for Palex.

Alec laughed, digging his fingers into his Adam's apple, "This is the end."

Alex's eyes closed, about to pass out. If he could've, he would've said one last word to Patrick.

"I love you."

But he couldn't.

Suddenly, Patrick came running in, his shirt dripping from the rain. All three of them struggled to see each other through the storm.

"STOP!" he yelled, his voice piercing through the storm. "RIght NoW!"

Alec let Alex go for a second, but it gave him enough time to topple him over, kicking him straight in the back. Alec was now on the ground, and Alex was right above him, punch after punch knocking his head, neck and six pack.

Alec was now on his last breath. Barely able to keep his eyes open. Patrick grabbed his lover by the collar, yanking him up. Alex relcutantly got up. They both stared down at him. Alec was covered in brusies and cuts. He was bleeding all over.

"It's over now," Alex said, embracing Patrick at an instant. This was it. The end.

"Not yet."

He grabbed Alec by the collar, pulling him up towards the edge of the cliff. He dangled above the water.

"Patrick..." he muttered. "I love..."

"No. No you don't."

He dug his nails into Alec's chest, going through his skin and pulling out his heart. He yanked it out. The lifeless Alec fell into the water. Dead.

"Patrick!" Alex shouted, going towards him. He hugged him from behind as they watched Alec's body splash into the water.

"This is the end," Patrick said, holding him tightly. They shared a kiss.

All our other friends came over and clapped. We release them from their restrains.

"Is Alec dead?" Maddy asked, refusign to look over the edge.

"Yeah. Yeah he is," I said. Alex refused to let go of my waist. "We should go."

As we sat in the car, listening to My Immortal, I realised something. I realised that this was it. That this was the ultiamte end. That this was, in fact, the game of love, and we had won it. Alex and I. We were so happy. Now we can finaly go home and celebrate our wedding. With all our friends.

This is how, you truly win, the game of love.