A New Lover?

Patrick's POV

Taylah drove all of us down the coast. We all said that we'd spend like three weeks away to enjoy a nice holiday. I stared out the window and watched the waves down at the beach. It was so serene.

Her 99' Honda Civic roared along the smooth road. "Old Town Road" played on the radio, and it had been for that last hour. Or at least it felt like it. I swore that my head was going insane after Alec had threatened us. I just want to get married! I just want to be happy! But God had other plans.

"We should pull over and get some food," Vicky suggested, pulling Maddy's ashes towards her chest.

"That's a good idea," Taylah agreed, swerving off the road. "There's a Maccas right there."

When we got in, I instantly felt nervous. I didn't know this part of town but I knew that it was a bit dodgy. A lot of them were staring at me. I instantly thought that they worked for Alec, or at least in the same gang. At this point, anyone could've been against me. Anyone.

My eyes darted around the group. It could've been any one of my friends. I was so nervous.

"What do you want Pat?" Alex asked over.

"F-Frozen coke," I muttered out nervously. He instantly reacted.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm just nervous. What if Alec finds us and kills us?" my palms became sweaty. "Its going to be okay."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

We clasped our hands together. We sat down at our table, a frozen coke in hand. We sat in a crusty old booth that smelled of cigarettes and regrets ;(

"That guy's staring at us," Vicky mentioned worriedly, pointing over to a brunette off to the corner. He was around our age, skinny and mysterious looking.

"Don't look over, it's creepy," Taylah warned, turning her back towards him.

"Yeah but now he's coming over to us," Miku said. When I looked over, yeah, he was walking over. He ran a hand through his curly brown hair.

"Hey," he introduced himself by putting out a hand. I awkwardly shook it. "I'm Zane Smith."

"Oh hey," I said as politely as possible. But I could tell that Alex was nervous and scared. He hated new people. Especially attractive people.

"I haven't seen you around here before," he said, leaning against the table. Alex tried to knock his elbow off but Patrick quickly stopped him.

"Yeah, we're here for a holiday," Patrick said with a slight smile.

"Oh yeah, cool," Zane seemed really chill and relaxed. It was nice to find someone like him here. "Have you seen the beaches around here? It's really nice."

"Woah, we would love to see some nice beaches," he agreed. Everyone nodded in agreement. Except Alex. He seemed jealous. I knew that he would hate to see some nice shirtless men.

We went into Taylah's car and we followed Zane down the coast and towards the beach. I was super excited to show off my abs that I've been working on. Also I was excited to see Alex's, even though I see him naked everyday.

I peeled off my top and dumped it in the car. We all raced down the sand dunes and towards the water. It was so beautiful here. I loved the way Zane's abs glistened in the sun. I had to stop myself from staring. I got flashbacks to Alec and how I cheated on Alex last time. I had to stop myself.

I splashed Alex and in retaliation, he picked me up and dumped me into the water. Maybe this holiday wasn't so bad after all.

***

The sun was now setting the rain clouds were beginning to form over.

"We should go to our cabin," Taylah suggested, and we all got into the car.

"Thanks so much for today," Patrick said to Zane, who was using his shirt to dry himself off. I tried my best to keep my eyes off of his abs and towards his beautiful face. Was I falling in love with him? No. I couldn't. I was happily engaged. I shook my head. "I owe you one."

"No worries Pat," he said. But wait. How does he know my name. I realised this mistake quickly but I didn't want to say anything. He also cut me off. "I'll see you around."

We all drove back to the wooden cabin in the middle of the woods. Maddy and Vicky shared a room at the back. Miku and Taylah took the room at the front. So Patrick and Alex took the upstairs.

"Woah wait," Patrick said, scavenging through his stuff.

"What is it babe?" Alex asked.

"I lost my phone!" he exclaimed. "I can't find it anywhere!"

"Did you look in your pocket?" he questioned.

"Yeah," he frowned. "Oh no."

"It's okay, we can buy a new one," he reassured.

"I know but it had all our nudes on it," he sighed sadly.

"It's okay. You don't need them on you," Alex said sexily. Ooh. "Do you know what also doesn't need to be on you?"

"What?"

"Your clothes."

And then............... suddenly just as I Alex kissed me passionately. Alex climbed on top of me and we started to make out keenly\ against a tree. He took of my top and I took of his clothes. I even took of my bra. Then he put his thingie into my you-know-what and we did it for the first time.

"Oh shit!"

I collapsed onto the bed, feeling all my energy flow out of my body.

"Let's go to bed."

***

Suddenly, in the middle of the night, I felt something burning against my face. It was....fire! I sat up immediately and by that time, almost the whole room was covered in flames. I took a flight response and jumped out of the window, landing head first into the grass.

I screamed in pain as I crawled myself over to the front of the house. Everyone else was already out there, watching the fire roar and consume the whole house. And then I realised something.

"ALEX!" I yelled, realising I left my finance to die in the fire. "I left him in there!"

"It's okay, I'll go get him."

Miku, the fucking sex god and official leader of the team rolled up her sleeves and ran straight into the fire. She was so cool. I'm so happy to be her friend.

I watched her shadow run through the house and upstairs. I was worried. What if they died? But it was okay. She came running out, Alex in her arms.

"It's okay guys, I saved him," she exclaimed. And everyone clapped.

We all decided to get into the car and drive away as soon as possible. We had basically nothing left on us but our will to live.

"I have no idea how that happened," Maddy said, on the verge of tears.

"I don't either," Vicky agreed. "What should we do?"

"We should head down to another motel. Just stay low for a while," Miku advised. Everyone agreed.

Taylah drove us down the empty road. I felt empty inside. I didn't know why bad luck kept on chasing me. I just wanted to be happy!

We decided to just drive through the night, crashing at the very first motel we could find. We were in the middle of nowhere. We were all crammed in a single room where there were only 2 beds. This sucked. :(

But little did we know that Alec was watching from the bushes. Very closely.