I Gave You My Heart

Patrick was in the hospital, about to get his surgery. He was happy to have everyone in the group come and see him.

"It's going to be okay Patrick," Miku said, patting him.

He couldn't believe it. He was so nervous. He didn't want to have the operation. The doctor said that if he got this surgery and it failed, he might die. But if he didn't take the surgery, he was definitely going to die.

But apparently, he was lucky to have heart donor come in that day. Most patients didn't even get heart donors come in. So Patrick was happy about that.

When everyone left, the last person to linger was Alex. He placed a hand onto his shoulder and sighed.

"I love you Patrick," he said in a sad voice. Patrick wanted to be strong for him.

"I think that it's going to be okay," he smiled weakly. Alex smiled back and began to cry. Patrick had no idea why. "Don't be sad."

"I won't."

He kissed him one last time before he left him at the hospital bed. Patrick gazed over to the roses that Alex gave him that sat in the vase next to his bed.

"It was going to be okay," he told himself. "And when I get out, I'm going to go on a date with Alex, and see all my friends, and everything's going to be okay."

***

After the operation, Patrick was starting to regain his strength. He slept through the first day, but by the second, he was strong enough to see his friends. All 5 of his friends came along with presents. He was so happy.

"Thanks guys," Patrick said, accepting all the cool ass shit he got from his friends. "But where's Alex?"

They all looked around the room and became confused.

"That's a good question," Vicky acknowledged. "Where is he?"

The doctor came in one cue, carrying a fat binder with him. Patrick shifted himself up with worry.

"Well your operation went well," the doctor said in a happy voice, but then, he looked all still and serious. "But you don't want to know who the donor was."

Patrick raised his eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

"Your donor was..." he paused. "It was Alex. Your boyfriend."

Everyone gasped. This couldn't be true. There was no way that Alex, his Alex, was gone. Patrick broke down into his hands. His one and only was gone. And he saved him. Alex saved Patrick. Again.

The doctor left the room to give them some space. When he closed the door, everything was quiet.

"Wait, is that legal?" Miku asked in a worried tone.

"Well no..." Alec mumbled. Everyone looked to him in shock. "But I killed him," everyone gasped again. What was happening? "Alex and I made a deal that I'd kill him, then the doctors will use the heart to save Patrick."

"Why?!" Patrick screamed, slamming his fists.

"Because we love you Patrick," Alec answered confidently. "Because I love you Patrick."

He sat there in shock. Alex is gone. Maddy's gone. Alec's a murderer. All this angst was rushing through his body. He'd been fricked by a murderer.

He collapsed on his bed from shock.

In his dreams, he could see Alex smiling at him. How happy he seemed. And Maddy was there too. Were they in heaven? Did Patrick die? No. He was alive. But the two of them were dead. He missed them. He would miss them in the future too.

Someday, he hoped, that they'd all just be together again, just to play one last game of truth or dare.