Why don't you hold me close?

Zan'e POV

The three of us stood around at our secret base underneath the lighthouse. The three hostages were in the other room. They finally stopped screaming. They had been for hours.

I watched Alec stare at a picture of Patrick with his own wedding ring in his palms. He obviously missed him.

I wish Alec loved me. I wish Alec felt the same way. Ever since Alec saved me from a burning house after my parents died, I couldn't think of him as just a friend.

"Alec..." I whispered, walking over to him. He sat on the rusty old sofa we found Glenn sleeping all those years ago. Back when he was a homeless teenager just looking for love and shelter. He was kicked out of his house after his alcoholic dad shunned him for being gay.

"Don't call me by my first name," Alec warned, his voice rough and deep. I loved his voice.

"Well...I've wanted to say this for a long time..." I admitted. I rested my hand against the sofa. I wanted to hurry up and say it before Glenn got back. "We've been friends for a long time."

Alec snorted, as if he knew what I was going to say. He always knew what I was going to say. He was so smart. So calculating.

"But...have you ever felt like we're more than friends?" I asked. Alec lowered the picture of Patrick onto the couch, then put back the wedding ring into his pocket.

"Zane," I loved it when he addressed me by my first name. He never does unless it's super serious. "You know my heart belongs to someone else."

"I know but..." I knew it. All this mess as for him. Patrick. I hated Patrick. I wanted to kill Patrick. I wanted him dead. "Alec, I love you."

He parted his lips to reply, but Glenn came strolling in, casually tossing the bag of groceries off to the side. He didn't even notice what Alec and I had. The tension. The sexual tension.

If only he'd feel the same way.

***

The next day, they just decided to go to the shops. Just the four of them. Though Taylah and Miku seemed really worried about Maddy and Vicky just disappearing in the middle of the night, Patrick quickly made an excuse that they had to drive home because Maddy felt sick. Little did they know what really went on.

They drove down to the nearest Walmart and stocked up on some food. They didn't know how long this holiday would go on for. They planned for a couple of weeks, but they also didn't expect all his friends to be kidnapped.

Patrick watched the rain pour outside. He felt like crying. He just wanted to get married! Why didn't life always look bright for him?

I walked down the drinks aisle to pick up a couple of soda bottles. Coke was Alex's favourite so I got a couple of them. While placing them in the basket, I suddenly heard a scream.

I ran around the corner and dashed towards the entrance. I saw Miku and Taylah, held at gunpoint by two guys. One blonde and one...Zane?! ZANE?!

"Zane?!" I yelled, dropping the soda bottle. He smirked.

"Alec's been waiting for you," the blonde said, slowing backing out of the store. The girls started crying.

"Patrick! Help!" they yelled. I felt the adrenaline through my body.

"Meet him at the lighthouse. That's where we'll release your friends," Zane said. All four of them left.

Alex came running in, dropping all of his food.

"What just happened?" he asked, completely confused.

"Our worst nightmare."