Alexs big secret

I was at home, sipping black, dark coffee while also reading a book. Suddenly, the door bell rang. I looked over, confused, then decided to open it. The most surprising person was at the door.

"MAddy?!" I yelled. My past lover. A love that I had let go years and years ago. She was in front of me, trembling, rain water dripping down her blue dress. She was wearing a floral blue dress, a blue headband, matching wristbands and crystal clear shoes. Her makeup was subtle, bringing out the beauty in her eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"Alex, I could never tell you this," she started, tears rolling down her face, mimicking the rain covering her. "But I've been bottling it up for over a decade. I love you. I always have. I will never get over you."

He gasped, the air in his chest suffocated him.

"Maddy," he whispered ever so lowly. Their hot breaths mixed in the cool night air. "You know I can't love hyou. I've always loved Patrick."

She sighed sadly, her body trembling with sadness and depressive sorrow. Mascara ran down her face, "I-I know," she stammered. "That's why I just wanted to do this."

With no hesitation, she lunged over at him, pressing their lips together messily. It reminded her of the very first time they had met. And the first time they kissed. All those years ago at Taylah's house.

A gasp filled the air. But it wasn't Maddy. It wasn't Alex. It was.....TYLER!

*TIME SKIP*

Tyler's POV

I ran home immediately, the rain blinding my gaze. I just ran and ran. When I arrived, Patrick and Taylah were already there, chatting over some red wine. Taylah took notice of me and looked over.

"What is it?" she asked. Since I couldn't talk, I had to grab the nearest pen by the counter. I used the end to tap morse code against the kitchen counter.

"What about Alex?" Taylah asked.

"Click. Click. Click. Click. Click" Tyler said.

Patrick blinked, "Stop sluring your words."

Tyler roled his eyes. "Click. Click. Click. Click."

Patrick bursted out into cry, "WHat do you mean Alex was kissing Maddy?!" he yelled, so loudly that the ground shook.

"Click. Click. Click," Tyler yelled.

Parick stood up and caught the bus home. The rain blinded him again. But when he stood in front of their house, he saw a site. He site which reminded him of their childhood. He got Nam flashbacks. He felt like the same 16 year old all those years ago, seeing his lover with someone else. But here he was. Alex's arm around Maddy.

Patrick grabbed his phone and rang him. Alex picked up.

"Alex?" Patrick asked over the phone.

"Oh hey Patrick," he answered. He sounded so casual. That liar.

"Where are you now?" Patrick asked, choking through the tears.

"I'm just at home," he said.

"Are you with anyone?" he asked.

He hesitated, "No. I'm all by myself. I made dinner for us."

"O-Oh thank you," Patrick nearly started crying. "Do you know where Maddy is? I've been trying to contact her."

He watched them scramble apart inside the house.

"N-No. I think she's busy with Victoria," Alex excused. Patrick squinted his eyes shut, tears rolling down his cheeks. "Are you okay?"

"Oh, I'm more than ok," he lied. "I miss you."

He watched Alex cringe inside the house, "You too."

"Can you say it?" Patrick questioned.

"What do you mean?"

"Say "I miss you"?"

"...why?"

Patrick watched Maddy put her blue dress back on and brush out her hair. She put on her shoes and ran towards the door.

"Because you're a fucking cheater."

Patrick ended the call. Perfectlty on time, Maddy opened the door. ZThey locked eyes.

"Maddy," Patrick said.

"Patrick," Maddy replied.

There was still silence between them. Depressive sorrow from Patrick. Shocked surprise from Maddy. Then Alex ran to the door, looking as if he was going to kiss her goodbye, but then he saw Patrick, his face stained with his own tears.

"Alex," Patrick simply said.

"Patrick I—"

"Goodbbye."