When it All Goes Downhill

"Konnichiwa class, let's start today with some easy Hiragana."

Patrick sat on his seat, a scowl visible on his face. Alex looked over with concern, but he was focused more on his blank notebook. It was the one Maddy got him over the weekend after their first week anniversary. She was romantic, he thought.

But then again, Patrick was looking really sad that day. He didn't even open his book. Instead, he was fiddling with his pen, rolling up and down the desk.

"Hey," Alex asked over. His voice was softer than his usual low, dark voice. "Are you okay?"

Patrick ignored him, continuing to fiddle with his stuff. Alex furrowed his brows.

"Oi, you listening?" he nudged him somewhat harshly. Patrick brushed him off. "I know you can hear me."

Patrick continued to ignore him. The silence in between them left Alex angry. Like really angry. But he still took a deep breath (that's what Maddy told him to do) and tried to calm down.

"Hey come on, what's wrong?" he asked over. But his soft facade was fading. The more he saw Patrick upset, the more he wanted to just lunge over, rip his clothes off and-

"Just leave me alone," Patrick murmured, not even looking at him. Alex's pen fell from his hand.

"Patrick I care about you, what's going on?" Alex was starting to sound angry now. But he wasn't angry at Patrick. He was angry at them. What happened to them? What was happening to them? He just wanted to go back to where they were in chapter 1.

Alex reached over, placing a hand on his shoulder, but Patrick quickly slapped it off. He nearly gasped. How dare he? How dare Patrick, that stupid, stupid man, slap him like that?

"I'm trying to help you!" he boomed. All the other students were now looking over at him. He shivered in the pressure.

"YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ME!" Patrick screamed, also getting up. Except, unlike Alex, he was so angry that he didn't care that everyone was staring. Let them stare—he thought—he liked the attention.

He ran out of class, running down the hallway and out the door. It was raining outside. Pouring. It left him drenched.

Patrick sat by the benches, feeling the rain pour all over him. His uniform stuck to his six pack. He felt so empty. So lost. He didn't know what to do.

'Just two days ago, I had two men over me,' he thought to himself. 'But now, I have none.'

He felt like he had lost all his friends. That wasn't really the case, but he was an angsty teen and he didn't know how to feel. He didn't know who to turn to. Who to talk to. What would he say? That he's sad and gay? That sounded stupid.

He just sat alone. He wished Alex would come running up to him. Maybe to apologise? Maybe to just talk to him? Patrick just wanted his fit, chiseled body up against his in this cold rain.

He sighed.

Maybe this was the end for Patrick.