Together

J

She couldn't quite believe it. Wouldn't even let herself blink in case this was a mirage.

Logan, the human Logan was staring at her. No trace of his wolf. No signs of the fatigue and pain that had plagued him for so long. It was just...him.

She fell to her knees before him and hugged him close to her chest.

He cried. She cried.

Leah had given them a second chance at happiness. And now, with her mate back and her cub growing in her stomach, J knew that they would be OK.

Brushing the tears from Logan's face as he tried to do the same to her, they kissed knelt on the hospital floor beside his bed.

Breaking for air, Logan stood to his feet and tugged J up beside him.

No longer caring for his decency, he swept J into his arms and strode out of the hospital room, the cables attached to his arms and chest snapping as he kicked the door shut behind him. The entire hospital fell silent as Logan carried his mate out of the front door, his backless gown flapping in the breeze as he strode across Rootbridge territory towards the pack house they'd been granted.

He barely managed to make it up the stairs in the house before he was tearing at her clothing, abandoning the gown on the floor somewhere and sweeping her into their bed. As he stared down at the beautiful face of his mate, Logan couldn't help himself.

"There's something I never got to do with you." He whispered, before leaning down and planting a small kiss against her jaw.

J smirked and raised an eyebrow. "There's not much we haven't done."

Logan groaned and leaned his forehead against J's. "Devil woman. Not what I meant. Mind out of the gutter."

J laughed and Gods did he love that sound.

"You're the one who just Neanderthal-ed me out of the hospital and threw me onto the bed. I'm simply trying to keep up."

Logan gazed down at her and for a moment just basked in her presence.

There was something he'd always wanted to do. Something he never thought he'd get a chance to do. And something he wished he'd done the moment J had got her wolf back.

When he mate claimed her, he'd been too rogue for words and had instead bitten her like in the olden days - she still bore the scar. She'd claimed him with the words their people used to solidify their bond but he'd never done the same.

Until now.

He licked his lips. "I, Logan, Alpha of the Black Oath pack claim you, Josephine Anne Yardley, Alpha of the Black Oath pack as my moon mate. I pledge myself to you, as you to me, beneath the moon's gaze." He whispered.

J stared at him in surprise. He'd finally found a way to make her speechless. And not in a 'glaring at you silently until you combust' kind of way. He smiled at her shocked expression and stole a quick kiss before she could protest.

Clearing her throat and readjusting herself beneath him - which did nothing but distract him, she spoke. "And I, Josephine, Alpha of the Black Oath pack, accept your mate claim beneath the moon's gaze."

A low pulse shuddered through them as their eyes flashed to wolf and back again. Their pack link was already formed, their mating bond already there, but they both felt it burn brighter for just a moment.

And then, Logan took his mate as he'd dreamt of doing for weeks. And after they had exhausted themselves, she slept soundly by his side and for the first time in as long as he could remember, Logan fell to sleep with a smile on his face and nothing but peace in his heart.

*
A/N:
Hello!
Just wanted to check in to say that at my current upload rate, we are only two or three days away from reaching the end!

Thank you again for reading, for commenting, for shipping all the couples and most importantly for your love for J and Logan.

I don't want to give anything away but...

Sometimes happy endings aren't for everyone.

I am sorry.

More tomorrow...