Plans

CASSIDY

After the drama at the diner had died down slightly, Cassidy, Jake, J, Nicholas and Trevor met late that night to discuss the plan. And once it was decided they put it into action. Their shared information about the rogues was fine but not enough. They did, however, believe that with a little help from Will they could narrow down the potential locations for the place where Logan and Jack had escaped from.

And so, invitations were sent to all packs in the immediate area and beyond – anyone who had been effected the rogues – they were all to meet at Rootbridge and together, they would locate and bring down the people behind the rogue wolves.

With Leah's new admission that she could cure rogues there was a hint of hope in Rootbridge, and so every pack was advised to bring their healers with them. The more the merrier.

Cassidy still hadn't decided what they should do about Leah. Her and Jake did not agree. He wanted her out of Rootbridge but she knew that was coming from a place of knowing that both her and Uma could have been in danger.

But Cassidy didn't think she could turn away from her friend like that. Especially when she could potentially help so many people.

Not that Jack saw it that way.

She'd practically had to pull Jake and Jack apart when he'd learnt that they wanted Leah to help heal the rogues. He said there was no way he'd allow it. Leah had told him there was no way she wouldn't help.

They'd left the new couple to argue it out but Cassidy knew that Leah would win that battle. It would seem, that Leah was right, he was no longer rogue. And for the first time in a long time, Cassidy hoped that maybe, just maybe, she could save Logan.

Watching J as they'd made plans on which packs to contact, she hadn't been able to take her eyes away from the bruises that still healed on her neck. J hadn't told her much when she'd rung a week or so ago. She'd asked her and Jake for one simple favour and then had hung up. She wanted to discuss it with J, to give her assurance that her promise would stand – but she didn't get the impression that J wanted to talk about it. She'd barely even wanted to tell everyone that she was pregnant, let alone that she was doomsday planning for what would happen to her cub if Logan died and J suffered from MSA again.

Did Logan even know that J had asked both Cassidy and Jake to raise their cub like one of their own if the worst happened?

Sighing sadly, Cassidy glanced at the old woman who sat in the corner of the office. While the rest of them studied maps and witness statements, the old woman sat silently watching J.

It was strange, knowing that this was J's grandmother. Cassidy found herself to be a little jealous of J. She'd never have that sense of belonging. That presence in Uma's life to provide wise counsel.

"So, we're set?" Trevor asked, interrupting Cassidy's train of thought.

"Yes," replied Jake. "We ask the packs to meet us here as soon as possible and then," he levelled J with a stare, "then we take the fight to them."

*

J

The packs began to arrive the next day. The Rootbridge territory had never been so filled with wolves of all creeds and packs. A few, J recognised. Most, she didn't.

Some skirted around her, by reputation or just because of the glower on her face, she wasn't sure. While others remained openly hostile towards her. It wasn't until the Wild Mountains pack arrived that J realised the real reason.

She'd fought a number of these packs – their alphas at least. And won. The piles of bodies that had circled the Rootbridge pack all those years ago had been the family of some of these wolves, Rayna reminded her.

Rayna strode up to J and pulled her into a hug. J wrapped her arms around the woman and clung to her for a moment. She owed this she-wolf more than she'd ever be able to explain.

The two women pulled apart smiling. "I hear congratulations is in order." Rayna said with a pointed look at J's stomach.

J smiled and looked over Rayna's shoulder at Lee. "I could say the same thing to you. I wasn't surprised when I'd heard you'd mated. Though I was surprised you'd finally given in to him."

Rayna smiled warmly at the mention of her mate and cast him a look over her shoulder. "What can I say? He grows on you."

Smiling, the two she-wolves headed over to the house where Black Oath were now staying. It would be a little cramped but in a way they preferred to be this close to one another.

J basked in the warmth of her friends and family around her. She didn't much care that so many wolves hated her or feared her, she was just glad that the ones she loved were here and safe.

So, it was quite an interruption when Caleb came running into the small house and yelled for J.

"It's Callie. The wolf that claims she's his is here. His whole pack is."

J's eyes flashed wolf and she was on her feet in seconds. "Find her." She ordered the Black Oath pack. "And find him. It's time I had a word with him."