Run

SAF

It was not hard to find the young she-wolf. She hadn't made it far and Gee managed to trace her phone. All in all, it had barely taken Saf more than a day to find her. So, as she waited in her car outside of the motel where Cassie had been picked up on CCTV, Saf's mind drifted to Jonathon.

She was relieved he hadn't come with her. Surprised that he hadn't insisted. He'd been sulking ever since she'd rung Gee, though honestly he'd been sulking for longer than that. All he seemed to do was flit between brooding and over enthusiasm – it was enough to give Saf whiplash, and a headache to boot.

The motel room door opened and Calie's face appeared. Saf had asked the creepy looking guy at reception to ring Callie and tell her that there was a problem with the payment – on a card that Callie must have stolen anyway.

Saf watched as Callie snuck out of the room, her bag strapped to her back. Wanting to avoid reception, rather than taking the lift or the staircase, the tricky young pup headed for the opposite side of the building where a maintenance hut provided a flat roof that Callie easily vaulted onto from the second floor. She was just clambering down the side of the drain pipe when Saf tapped her on her shoulder.

Callie screamed and let go, falling the final foot to the floor. She glared up at Saf. "You could have killed me!"

Saf rolled her eyes, grabbing Callie's bag and yanking her to her feet. "You fell the equivalent of two steps. Yes, how awful of me. What mortal danger you were in."

Callie growled beneath her breath. "How did you find me?"

Saf smiled at her, "you really aren't that good at disappearing. Now, come on, let's get you home- what is it?" Callie's face had gone deathly pale and her eyes were as wide as saucers.

In confusion Saf glanced over her shoulder, her heart stilling at the line of wolves that had surrounded them. She released Callie and turned to face them, tucking Callie behind her body.

"If you see an opening, run." She whispered furiously to Callie.

"Gentlemen, can I help you?" Saf asked the line of men all wearing matching black suits. Unbeknownst to her, three SUV's had pulled up, each with blacked out windows. It all smelt of money. The kind of money that only one person she'd recently offended would have access to.

"Alpha Nicolas sent you, didn't he? I feel like I should point out that I did not kill Marissa...She totally jumped."

The line of wolves took a step forward.

Saf glanced over her shoulder. "I mean it kid, run."

Taking a deep breath, Saf charged the man directly in front of her, managing to land a decent right hook before a mass of bodies lunged for her and she was barrelled into a nearby SUV.

As the door slammed shut and her face began to throb from where she'd taken an elbow to the nose, she could only hope that Callie had managed to escape. And that hopefully, she'd tell someone what had happened rather than making a run for it while she had a head start.