Silent

LOGAN

The wolf beneath Logan's paw battled for his life, his claws shredding at Logan's fur. But he didn't feel the pain. Couldn't. And he would not relent. Not until he'd killed every last one of them.

As the wolf finally took his last breath, Logan span around ready to devour the next one. He had not noticed that Jack had fallen, or that he was no longer moving. In fact, he hadn't noticed much at all once he'd begun the killing but it was her scent – that damn scent that drove him wild - that caught his attention and broke the blood lust.

Because of all things, he had not expected to catch her scent here in the middle of this battle, because him and his mate had discussed it and she was to stay where it was safe to protect herself and their cub.

So, as Logan searched for her face amongst the battle, his blood was boiling and as, finally, he spotted her locked into a heated battle with two humans, he stalked towards them, solely focused on her.

*

J would later wonder if it would have been better to let Jack die. Because she was sure that was what was about to happen as she reached him to find him prone on the floor, his breaths shallow and stilted.

She'd spotted him at the same time as two humans had and they made their way towards him, raising their guns, ready to finish him off. She lunged at them, managing to knock away one of the weapons and then grabbing and raising the other until she could twist the man's arm until it snapped and he dropped the weapon, screaming out in pain.

She lashed out and clawed the man on her left across the throat. He remained standing, gripping his throat as though trying to force his life blood back into his body before crumpling to the floor. Then she tuned to the other and raised a knee to make him double over in pain before she gripped his head and twisted sharply to the side.

It was around this time that she became aware of Logan charging towards her. And it was, coincidentally, around the time he noticed the human stood behind J.

She, glad to see him, and relieved he was still in one piece, gave him the most beautiful smile he'd ever seen.

And in that moment he saw her for what she was.

The mother of his child.
The love of his life.
The one thing in this world that he could not live without.

So, he charged straight for her and silently prayed to the Goddess to save his mate's life.

J watched as Logan leapt towards her and jumped straight over her head. She turned, spinning in slow motion, just as the human she'd failed to notice pulled the trigger on his gun.

The bullet fired. Her world ended.

*
A/N:
More tomorrow...