Saviour

JONATHON

His blood pounded through his body. His rapid heart beat drowned out the harsh wheeze of his breathing. He'd pushed himself too far but he'd had to get here.

He'd known the moment he'd heard Callie's worried voice who had taken Saf. He'd been waiting for it – expecting it – but he'd always assumed he'd be there when it happened. Instead, he'd let her go without him to fetch Callie and now the woman he knew in his bones belonged to him was in danger.

Of course, getting into Alpha Nicholas' lands would not be easy, and as he eyed the small gap between the fence and the river where he'd collected Saf all that time ago, he started to regret not skipping his workout more often.

With a frustrated sigh he sploshed into the river and waded towards the gap. Thankfully, the water wasn't deep, though when he'd last been here it had been nothing more than a trickle. Already the cold water was seeping up the fabric of his jeans.

He glared down at the water before he laid down into it and began pulling his way through the small gap – perfect for a small she-wolf, not so much for a fully grown Jonathon.

His jeans caught and tore on the sharp fencing and he now had giant scratches down his back from the metal, but he'd nearly made it through when he heard footsteps approaching from behind him. Very aware of the vulnerable position he was in, he forced himself through, biting down on a cry of pain as something sharp sliced into the back of his thigh. Jumping to his feet – ignoring the way pain shot through his body – he turned to face the new threat.

"Oh, it's you!" He cursed.

Will, Zander, Trevor and Caleb nodded at him before using each other to climb up and over the fence. Jonathon watched in silence, seething at how easily they made it over.

As Zander dropped to the floor before him, he smirked. "You look a little wet, Jon'."

Jonathon growled.

"Shall we?" Trevor suggested, nodding his head towards where Saf's scent was growing.

Nodding, afraid he'd savage his friends if he spoke - who he was secretly glad had come to help him – Jonathon led the way to save his she-wolf from whatever horrors she was facing.