I remember a year back when some classmate decided to be a dick and call me a 'slut' among other things for the way I present myself. That soon changed when I volunteered to help them out when they began failing the class. My personality always makes people second guess their judgments, a simple weapon to hold in my back pocket.

Opening the door, I am engulfed with the delicious smell of perfectly cooked food. My Father's cooking is always amazing, and it saddens me that I only get to taste it when he's at home. Over the years, I've become accustomed to thriving on McDonald's or Domino's. He's the home maker, she's the business head despite both being the owner's of a large company.

When Mum's had a few drinks, she always tells me about when she first met him. She thought he was gay because of his sense of style and 'stay at home' Dad vibes. That's until he kissed her at a party and nearly had a panic attack over it. She basically fell in love that second, he was wrapped around her finger long before that though.

Too eager to see what he's dishing up, I dash down the stairs only to almost trip over myself in the process. Though I do have to catch myself on the last step when I cockle on my ankle and hurtle to the floor. I hear him laughing from the stove. He must have turned when he heard me thudding down the steps from the way he appears to have seen everything."You sound like an elephant." He chuckles lightly, turning back to the oven to watch what appear to be scrambled eggs.

"Is this for me?" I turn my voice sickly sweet. "Your Mother threatened me, I have no choice but to make you breakfast while we're here." We share a gentle snicker at my Mother's expense.

Collecting a breadstick from the jar beside the fridge, I take up a spot on the counter. He turns to face me while the bread fries, instantly giving me the concerned Dad look to which I raise my eyebrows. "What's that look for?" Might as well fill the silence even if I do know the answer. "What are you wearing?"

"Clothes." I wink, he should have known what he was walking into. "You know what I mean, does it meet the school's standards?"

"All of my clothes meet their guidelines, we've been over this." His head tilts in response. "I am a good girl, I follow the rules." I shrug my shoulders, blinking rapidly while making a face of innocence. "I wouldn't say that..." Cheeky Bugger grins. "Hey! I am a perfect student."

"Only because you're smart. Any other school would kick you out for those." He motions to the trousers, making me scoff. "Probably, but my skills keep them quiet." No emotions are shown in my words, I don't know what would happen if I didn't have my brains.

"I'm assuming you're hungry." He holds out a plate stacked with cheesy eggs and buttery fried bread. I make grabby hands like a child when he keeps it just out of reach.

He lowers it just enough for me to snatch it up and start scoffing down the calories. My stomach hums about finally being filled with the delightful nutrients. I've never been so happy that he believes in the first meal being the most important. He's always given me more than I can eat due to thinking I'm too skinny, but with my current appetite I doubt there'll be any leftovers.

"We're not going to be in tonight, so I'll send you some money across. I don't want you burning the house down." He smirks, arms folded over his chest. Pointing my fork at him, "My cooking isn't that bad."

"Last time I let you near the oven you burnt a tea towel." He takes my now empty plate, piling more onto it without a second thought. "What you wanting to order? I need to know how much to transfer."

"We both know the answer to that," my cheek is stuffed with a large shovel of eggs. "Pizza it is then." The sound of his eyes rolling makes me grunt. I can already taste the beautiful unhealthily fattening meal. "Make sure to at least get a salad on the side, she's going to be asking for evidence you've eaten something with at least some vitamins in it."