Secret Room

Arabella's POV

I was in the Man Cave with Jasper, Charlotte, Schwoz, and his weird family. Mary wasn't here because she was at work and couldn't get off, because her boss is unreasonable with her paychecks. It's stupid really, and it's probably a lot more tiring and stressful when Mary's pregnant and is limited to what her body can do and handle. My dad and I have started to design a baby room for the new baby, but it's still in the works and isn't ready to be built yet. The gender is now known, but Mary wants to be surprised when the baby is born. Ray is a little annoyed by that, but respects his girlfriend's decision and won't complain.

Henry and I started dating again a few days ago and it's been absolutely amazing. I missed that charming and handsome boy so much and I'm so glad I have him back. I missed my superhero so much.

It's chaos right now in the Man Cave, Schwoz's family was visiting and a bunch of his little family members were over. The kids weren't a problem, just a little annoying, and Larry, Schwoz's cousin, was here and he's an interesting creature. Then we have our favorite horse, Winnie Schwartz, Schwoz's sister, and she hasn't caused a problem yet, it's just weird to watch her eat horse food and lick a salt block. Jasper, Charlotte, and I were playing a board game with Larry as the kids were running around playing, and Schwoz was teaching Winnie to jump over objects like a horse would.

With Schwoz, I'm not surprised by how weird his family is. It's Schwoz, I don't need to explain.

Henry and my dad returned, but they were confused by the scene.

"Hey, guys."

"Glad you're alive.

"Hi, Dad," I greeted, not paying attention to them. "Hi, Henry, honey."

I looked up for a moment and saw Henry trip over a suitcase and I shrugged.

"Who are all these weird-looking freaks?!" My dad asked Schwoz.

"My family!" Schwoz answered.

"That kid has a beard!" Henry exclaimed and I looked up at Zed, who had a beard on his face. Apparently that's a baby beard and it hasn't fallen out of his face yet.

I don't understand Schwoz's culture or family, but I love it at the same time.

"Yeah, so cute!" Schwoz smiled, "Zed's baby beard hasn't fallen out yet. When it does, the beard fairy will come-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there Schwoz!" My dad interrupted.

"Thank you!" Henry sighed and I looked up at Henry. I waved at him and he waved back with a tired smile.

They just fought Arson Boy and are covered in ashes from head to toe. If I'm being honest, Henry looks hot as heck covered in ashes while he's in his Kid Danger uniform.

"As much as I love having your family being here, I hate it!" My dad told Schwoz, "so, everybody out!"

"But I asked you if they can come visit for a week, and you said 'yeah, sure, whatever Schwoz!'"
Schwoz explained using his surprisingly good American accent.

"Why would you say that?" Henry asked my dad.

"I didn't!"

"Yeah, ya did!"

"When?"

"I asked you three months ago because you can't think that far ahead, so you just say yes to anything!" Schwoz argued and I chuckled.

That's so true. One time, I asked to go to a water park for my birthday and my dad agreed but then the day came and he was confused about what was happening.