Danger Games

Arabella's POV

Henry, Charlotte, and I walked into Henry's house arguing over Jasper. Let me explain the situation, Jasper found a little boy in the bushes and is claiming that the child is his now. The three of us find it ridiculous that Jasper thinks he owns the kid because no one has claimed the child.

Henry wrapped his arm around my shoulders as Jasper walked in with the little boy.

"See? Yeah, look! This is a house!" Jasper smiled as he walked forward. "Can you say house? House?"

"House." The little boy said.

"What's so hard about saying house?' I mean, 'House.'" Mr. Hart shrugged. "Oo, what a challenge!"

"Dad, will you tell Jasper that he can't steal a kid?" Henry asked his father as my arms wrapped around his torso.

"His name is Barfield." Jasper protested and Henry let me go, walking up to him

"No, it's not! Okay, man, nobody's name is Barfield. Nobody is this whole galaxy is named Barf anything!" Henry objected with irritation and I rubbed his back, calming him down.

"Okay, then why don't you fly to Spain and tell that to the fine people of Barfelona!" Jasper retorted.

"There's something wrong with you." Henry remarked and I snickered.

"Just now figuring that out." I mentioned and Jasper gave me an eye roll as the little boy sat down on the chair.

The doorbell rang and Mr. Hart went up to the door.

"Ding dong." He said, "doesn't anyone knock anymore? Everyone's always so worried about their precious knuckles."

Henry wrapped his arm around me again and my arms found his torso. Mr. Hart opened the door and the cops were standing there.

"Oh..." Mr. Hart trailed off and turned to us. "Piper, whatcha do?"

Piper just give him a look and I grinned softly.

"Uh, can we come in?" The officer asked and I felt guilty for some reason.

I didn't do anything and I feel like I'm gonna get arrested for some reason. Charlotte called the cops so they can take the little boy from Jasper, so it's got nothing to do with me.

"Okay." Mr. Hart moved so they can enter and Jasper gave us a look of disbelief when he saw the cops.

"Did one of you guys call the cops on me?" Jasper asked us and I cleared my throat, looking away from him.

"What? Uh-uh, I'm really not sure." Henry chuckled and Charlotte looked down as Henry gestured to Charlotte and I grabbed his hand, trying to make him stop. "I know I didn't and Airy didn't either, so."

"Charlotte!" Jasper gasped.

"Thanks! You know, why don't we go outside so you can throw me under an actual bus?!" Charlotte sarcastically replied and I giggled, earning a pinch from Henry.

"Look, we found this kid." I began to the cops.

"I found him!" Jasper corrected, "in a neighborhood bush."

"Neighborhood bush!" The second cop repeated as he wrote that down.

Charlotte sat down and continued, "and now our friend here, Jasper, thinks he can keep him."

"Yeah, he's right."

"Huh?!" I asked with confusion.

"What?!" Henry asked.