Boulevard of Broken Trust

(I'm so sorry💔🥺)

Arabella's POV

I was at school and was standing at my locker, staring at my phone. It was the end of the day and I was waiting for Henry, Charlotte, and Jasper to show up.

Henry's arm was almost healed, he just needed to wear a splint for another week or so. Due to Henry not being able to fight, I've been filling in as Kid Danger and I've been doing great. When Henry is fully healed, I'll back off and he will return to the sidekick role. I can't deny that it's been a blast being Kid Danger, but it's Henry job and nobody does it better than him.

Charlotte approached me and I gave her a smile, "hi Char."

"Hey, Bells," she greeted as I shut my locker. "How was your music class?"

I take a music class and it's my best class, because singing is my thing and I can also play guitar and piano pretty well.

"Good," I tell her. "Just gets annoying when some of the boys constantly asks me to sing a duet with them."

"Well, you're an amazing singer," Charlotte remarked and I chuckled with red cheeks.

"Ah, stop it," I say and she chuckled. "But, like, Mary's the only person I would willingly sing a duet with or Henry, but he doesn't sing."

"That's fair, but if it's for a project or something, then you may have too," she reasoned.

"I know," I told her. "But the next project is the Spring Sing, which is like over a month away and it's optional to sing with a partner."

"Oh, I love the Spring Sing," Charlotte replied.

"Me to," I agree. "But this year, my teacher wants us to write a song and I'm not ready for that."

"I thought you wrote songs?" Charlotte asked and I shrugged.

"Eh, I just write down my feelings, it's not really a song," I remarked.

"You never know, feelings could turn into a song," she told me. "Maybe you'll be inspired."

"Maybe I will," I say. "Where are Henry and Jasper?"

"Right here."

I jumped, tossing my phone in the air and it landed on the ground. The three chuckled and I bent down, picking it up.

"There's my jumpy girlfriend," Henry winked and I rolled my eyes with a smile.

"Boy, why you do that?" I asked him and Henry grinned.

"Cuz it's fun," he chuckled and I whacked his belly.

"Cuz it's fun," I mock. "How's your arm?"

"Getting better." He told me, "how's doing my job?"

"Fun," I smile and he made a face. "But I'm no Kid Danger, that's you."

"I can't deny that Bella would be a great sidekick," Jasper chimed in and Charlotte nodded.

"I get it," Henry told them and sighed. "One more week and I'll be back."

I smiled as Charlotte's phone buzzed.

"My mom's outside, I'll see ya guys later."

Charlotte waved to us, before walking out of the school and we told her goodbye.

"I'm supposed to meet my mom at the nail salon," Jasper told Henry and I and we gave him a look. "It's her yearly appointment."

We both chucked as he walked away, which left just us.