♛| xxi : the fiery event |

ابدأ من البداية

He isn't wrong actually.

"You need that question paper, too. How will you pass the examination?" I ask curiously realising that he doesn't look desperate or appalled for the question paper or the exam.

Like I am.

"I will score more than you even after you mug up the entire set of questions." He confidently announces and my eyes narrow.

Rude.

"And how will that happen, sir?" I sarcastically smile at him, but genuinely wait for his answer.

"And what makes you believe that I'll answer your question?"

"You-"

"Inaayat, I think you should focus more on the paper than playing twenty questions. I am not fucking interested in being interviewed." He sounds rude and arrogant and so angry at me.

Why does he act like he is furious at me and just me particularly? I haven't done anything to endanger his identity or hinder his investigation.

I can feel his hatred and I don't even now my fault.

"What are you waiting for?" He anxiously asks and I realise that he has walked away and is waiting at the ground's gate.

How long was I thinking? Brushing away my thoughts, I walk towards him and the feeling of nervousness washes over me.

When I reach him, he glares at me but continues walking. The moment we exit the ground, I suddenly remember the grave fact we have forgotten.

"Shaan-the college is under CCTV surveillance." I the down my voice and consciously look around.

"I know." Comes his short reply and he suddenly stops at the turning.

"How are we going to steal-"

"Shut up." He mutters in a low sound and he peeks at something, as we hide behind the wall.

"B-" Before I can whisper out my query, he turns around and pushes me against the wall such that I am squeezed between the wall and him.

I gulp as I see how angrily he is staring at me. His palm covers my mouth deterring me from asking or speaking anything in general.

"Can't you be quiet for a fucking second?" He angrily whispers in my ears to make sure only I can hear him.

His body lines up with me, towering over my 5'7 with his 6'2. I try pacifying the sudden palpating heart of mine but fail miserably and suddenly I am devoid of air.

My eyes try signalling him, but his are concentrating on me with a burning rage.

Fire.

The coldness of the tiled wall cause goosebumps to arise all over my body. A strangled voice leaves my throat and he finally notices my message.

Removing his palm, his finger plants themselves on my suddenly chapped lips as he hushes me from uttering anything. He bends a little, to look at the college's main entrance.

Sighing, he moves a little away from me finally giving me a space to breathe and to think and to calm myself.

"The guard was here." He throws his explanation not bothering about my state. I scrutinise my eyes at him while he suddenly wraps his fingers around my wrist and pulls me harshly.

I am quite seeing the graveness of the matter, as we enter the dark college. There is no source of light inside, and it scares me.

The realisation of what I am doing suddenly washes over.