Chapter 24 -part 2

"God I thought I'd never find you. I've been looking for you. I was so afraid you were gone forever or you were dead and you would never be seen again."

I didn't recognize his voice. It was deep and had a calming feel to it. I liked it. In a way it made me feel like I was safe, but I didn't recognize it.
I felt my body being lifted. I stiffened all of my muscles as I was lifted off of the wood floor. This probably made me three times heavier, but I could tell he wasn't going to put me down. The floor creaked beneath the mans feet and my body weight which he was carrying. I was sat in a chair and the blind fold was removed. I squinted as light flooded my vision which I hadn't had for a while. I looked at the mans face. He smiled warmly at me, but I only looked at him with a confused expression as I tried to remember who I was looking at. His face was most definitely familiar, but I didn't have a name to go with it.

"Do you remember me Jessica?"

I continued to look at him, not saying anything.

"Jessica? Can you talk?"

His expression changed to worried rather than a smile. He looked frantically across my face from eye to eye, trying to read me. I focused intently on his movements, trying to recognize.

"Jessica.. Jessica." He said, almost at a whispering tone.

"Answer me..." He whispered.

"Who are you?" I said, my voice monotone and scratchy.

The sun shined on my pale bruised skin. Being locked away in the room for god knows how long had made me pale as snow. It was almost pretty. Almost.

I looked at him, he hasn't answered me yet. I repeated myself. He looked at me with shock and a flash of worry.

"You don't know who I am..? You don't remember me?"

"No, I don't. I'm sorry. Please tell me who you are."

"Alex."

"Alex?"

"From your school."

"Why are you here? You don't even know me. Why would you be trying to find me? I've barely even talked to you besides when you used to work for my mom during the summer. I don't remember much else happening with you besides us talking every once in awhile. I never saw you much in school because you're two grades above me."

"The thing is Jessica, i've admired you for a long time. When I heard you went missing I was determined to find you because my life wouldn't be the same without you. I've been looking for you and putting two and two together this whole time. The police gave up after a while because they couldn't find any more clues. They always give minimal effort when it comes to those kinds of things."

"Yea, well thank you for saving me."

"No problem." he smiled. "Now are you ready to go home? Your mom will be ecstatic to see you. She knows I've been looking but she never thought I would actually find you."

"Ah, well you did." I smiled politely. I was thinking of my mom and all the things I had been missing out on. I would remember everything again, in time.

We started to walk to the door. I held onto him slightly because I was tired and bruised.

"Wait, wait, I need to show you something. We need to stay here. Call the cops. do you have a phone??"

He pulled out his phone and dialed the number 911.

"Why?"

The phone rang three times. Through the phone we heard the faded, scratchy voice say, "911, what's your emergency?"