Chapter 5

Smack!

I felt a hand go across my face. Tears welled in my eyes as he pulled me closer to him from across the table by the collar of my dress.

"I-I'm sorry." I stuttered as I looked him in the eyes.

He growled, "If you just slept, 'fine' then maybe I could find a better place for you to sleep."

I could feel his breath on my face. A crimson red handprint formed on my cheek. A tear fell as he pushed me back into the chair violently. He smiled and looked at the little girl.

"Eat up dear, don't want you going hungry. You are the perfect weight."

He looked at me with disgust in his eyes.

"Eat. You aren't going to try and starve to death."

I ate the apple and drank the water. When everyone was done eating, I cleaned up the dishes with some help from the little girl I was supposed to be teaching. The man was in the living room watching a film.

After we were done cleaning the dishes and table, we went into the living room. I had curled the girls soft hair into bouncy, blonde curls. I put a bit of makeup on her and made her look sort of like me. He hadn't unlocked her room yet. It was still morning, after all. We walked in and he smiled happily at the little girl.

"Thank you doll, for making her beautiful."

I nodded my head and smiled as much as I could at him without wanting to throw up. He was sick.

"Alright, now that we are all here, I can tell you my name."

I now knew this wasn't a joke to teach me a lesson. After all that had happened, it wasn't a joke at all. I had given up hope that we would be found. I guessed I would die here. Maybe though, just maybe we both would get out alive. I would have to keep that hope and will to live if we were going to, though.

"I am to be called Master. I don't care if you call me love either. Only my doll can call me love. You, dear, will call me master. Doll you will call our daughter dear, and dear you will call my doll and your mother, either mother or doll. Nothing but those titles will be used in this lovely, perfect family."

I doubted the little girl knew all of what he was talking about, but she might. I nodded my head and he dismissed us for an hour to do what whatever we wanted. I took the girl to my bedroom. I lifted her onto the bed.

"Did you understand any of that?"

She shyly nodded her head and looked at the covers, tracing her fingers over the seam.

"You can call me Jessica when he isn't around."

She shook her head no.

"No, I can't. We should follow his rules, he said he would kill me and you if I made you disobey or you made me disobey. I wanna live"

She smiled a sweet smile, like a cute little girl. She was missing her front tooth. She was at that age where losing teeth was common though. She seemed advanced for her age in the way that she spoke.

I opened my mouth to speak but didn't know what exactly to say. I just stared at the wall, then slightly nodded my head. She was a good girl, I had wondered where he had got her from. It was a sick thing for him to do, but at least it wasn't just her, at least I was here along with her. I could save her.

"Okay, we play along. I will get you out of here, I promise."

She nodded, her curls bouncing. Then she hugged me.

I wondered if I should ask about where she came from. Who her mom was or where she lived before he got her. I decided against it. I didn't want to bring back memories that would make her cry. She was a strong girl, mentally. However, physically she was frail. She couldn't take beatings.

We were going to get out of this. Alive. I couldn't go back on a promise. Even if it would take my life or all my time, I would get this little girl out of here.

I promised.