Chapter 15

He wasn't normal after that. He didn't sleep at all during the night, he just stared up at the ceiling blankly. Sometimes cringing, I'm guessing from his thoughts. I did my best to comfort him, but nothing really worked. I had made supper while he had laid on the couch, just staring at nothing. I was beginning to worry about him, his health, his mental health. He barely ate anything, but of course, Ryan ate a ton of food. I was surprised this man didn't weight 300 lbs with how much he usually eats.

It was night time now and I was taking off my makeup. I wiped all of it off my face and looked in the mirror like I do countless times a day. I was about half way done.

I wonder what my mom is doing. Has she even noticed I'm missing of anything yet? I'm sure she had but u didn't know. It had been a long time now, or so it felt. I didn't know how long exactly. There wasn't a clock that worked in the place. I decided to take a break even high not all my makeup was off, I would do it later.

I went out to my room and laid with Clancy on the bed. We stared in each others eyes. He cupped his hands around my face a kissed me gently on the lips. I kissed him back and then nestled up against his chest. He was warm, his body heat felt good against me. He made me feel safe, at home. I love him.

"I love you Clancy." I whispered to him.

He looked taken aback by what I had just said. My heart beat went faster.

"I love you too."

He kissed my forehead and I began to fall asleep. About five minutes later he lifted me up and sat me up on the bed. He hugged me and I breathed in heavily, taking in his scent. He always smelled like he was freh out of the shower. He always had a very masculine, yet good smell. Like you know, those guys you just wanna steal their clothes because they smell so good. That's how he was.

"I'm gonna go get something to drink okay babe?"

"Okay, love you." I replied

I went back into the bathroom and removed the rest of my makeup. The makeup pad was disgusting and colors were smeared all over it. I realized I looked a mess that whole time that I was laying there with him. I wondered if he had noticed or if he just thought I looked okay anyways. He was always really nice like that. He always said I looked great even if I didn't. He was just that kind of guy.

I heard a weird noise, something breaking. I stopped what I was doing and snapped out of my thoughts. It sounded like wood, wood splintering. Then more noise, dishes breaking, plastic dishes breaking. I wondered what the hell was going on. It wasn't usually like this. All he did was get up to get a drink.I stopped a minute and wondered what I should do. I didn't know what to do, honestly. I guess I should just go and see what is happening. I walked out and was frozen in shock. Clancy laid on the floor dead. He was dead.. Dead..

I had just seen him alive. I had just hugged him and felt him, his warmth and comforting arms. I had just looked in his eyes and kissed him. I had just felt his warmth breath on my face as we talked. I couldn't believe this. He was just alive and now he's.. Dead.

Ryan stood over the body with his hands around the dead boys bruised neck. Clancys eyes were lifeless and grey. It's like as soon as he died all that beautiful colored left his eyes and nothing was left but a sullen, plain grey. The lovely green and mix of blue and brown. I began crying, no, sobbing uncontrollably. There was no holding it back this time. Ryan looked up with sorrow in his eyes like he was almost sorry for me. It immediately switched to anger. He walked over to me and began to strangle me. I gasped for breathe. The tears flooded my field of vision, everything was blurry and colorful. The colors smeared across each other mixing together and then it was clear as a tear fell. More tears fell as I struggle more and more to breathe.

"Please.. Please.."

I begged, still gasping for oxygen.

He let me go and threw me to the ground.

"He is dead now. You're mine again. Things are going to be different around here. Go start making me food."

"Its 12 am!?"

"I don't care, I'm hungry. Go make me fucking food or I'm going to kill you."

"Okay, okay."

I began to walk to the kitchen to make him the food he had asked for.

I glanced back at his lifeless body, still laying on the floor. I was guessing I would have to clean it up. I always had to do Ryan's dirty work for him, while he either went to work or went upstairs to do whatever he does up there. I turned around to face his body, which was halfway across the room. A tear fell from my cheek and I whispered,

"I love you."