Chapter 8

I got up and opened the door. He walked into the room. He seemed calm, but he wasn't. He immediately grabbed me by my hair and threw me to the floor, pushing my face against the white carpet. I cringed as my face slammed against the floor time after time. I saw the blood on the carpet. He slammed my face down one more time.

Blood pooled onto the floor, soaking the spotless, white carpet. I looked up at him.

"What did I do?!"

I screamed at him. My blonde hair wild. I stood up and wiped my nose. Flicking the blood off my hand I walked away. I snatched up the little girl and wrapped my arms protectively around her. Her tears soaking into my already bloody dress.

As soon he left the room I set little girl down on my bed and hugged her. I walked to the bathroom. I had blood dripping down my face. my blonde hair was tangled and had blood in it as well.

I got into the shower. The warm water felt good. I ran my fingers through my hair. The water on the bottom of the tub was a velvet red. In a way it was beautiful. I snapped out of my thought when I heard a knock on the bathroom door. I rinsed the shampoo out of my hair and pulled back the curtain. I wrapped a towel around my body and opened the door. My eyes met a boy about my ages eyes. His expression was unreadable. Maybe fear or anger, maybe confusion, I couldn't tell.

I looked behind the boy to the little girl who was in my "husbands" arms. He pulled out a pocket knife and shoved it into her throat. She screamed for 2 seconds before just having a look of pure terror on her face. He slid the knife to the left, cutting her throat open. He dropped her body to the floor and let her bleed out.

He smiled.

"That, was, great."

He ran his finger through his hair and picked up the body by her blonde curly pigtails. He threw the body into a plastic trash bag and sprayed some frebreeze, to momentarily cover up the fresh metallic smell.

"Say hello to Clancy, doll."