Better

The Next Morning
Veronica's POV

I woke up in Jughead's arms again. I turned and looked at him. He was still asleep. I just looked at him. Why does he love me so much? Why does he care so much? What did I do to deserve someone like him? I don't deserve his love, but he gives it to me anyways. Like I do deserve it. I just don't understand it sometimes. I slowly started to get up. I got out of his arms, but I was pulled back.

"Where are you going?" He asked. I didn't say anything, I just layed in his arms. He just held me close to him. "I'm not going to work today. I'm staying with you."

"What? No, you should go to work." I told him. He shook his head, looking at me.

"No, I'm not leaving you alone. Not for a while." He said. I sighed sadly, looking away from me.

"You're mad at me, aren't you?" I said.

"No. No, I'm not mad."

"Then, why do you sound mad?"

"I'm not mad. I'm just worried and upset is all. You didn't come to me when you first started thinking like this. It kind of worries me. I don't want it happening again." He said, holding me tightly. I nodded.

"I know, but I just didn't think you would care. Plus, I didn't want to bother you." I said.

"You would never be bothering me. Besides, we're going to be married in less than two weeks." He said. I looked at him.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked him. He chuckled and kissed me softly. I turned and kissed him back. He slowly pulled away.

"Nothing. Let's go get something to eat, okay?" He asked. I slowly nodded.

"Okay," I said.

He spent the whole making sure I ate and making sure I didn't leave his side afterwards. He would hardly let me just walk around alone. I mean, I get he's worried, but this is just too much. I just don't want to tell him that. He's worried and he's got a right to be.

Right now he's holding me in his arms on the couch. I smiled, leaning into him and closed my eyes. He chuckled.

"How are you feeling, baby?" He asked. I sighed and shrugged a little.

"Better, I guess. I don't know." I mumbled. He just kissed the top of my head.

"I love you, baby," he said. I smiled a little.

"I love you, too, Juggie."

Sorry This Was Such A Short Chapter