Serpents

Jughead's POV

I left the next morning at around ten and put my Serpent jacket on that I had hidden away. I brought Veronica with me. She also wanted to come. I asked if she was sure and she said she was so I let her. We got there and Sweet Pea was waiting outside for us.

"I thought you said it wouldn't be safe for her?" He whispered to me.

"She wanted to come." I told him.

"Well, Cheryl and Toni are here anyways. They're with Fangs." He said. "Also, when I said that Seprents have been arrest lately I mean quite alot of them. They're getting framed for everything that the Ghoulies and Northsiders have done." He said.

"Show me," I said. We walked in and like he said, there weren't a lot. I sighed and took Veronica over to the three. Sweet Pea and I talked elsewhere.

The Serpents were never a very big gang, but this just makes it seem like we weren't even the Serpents at all. It's like this is just some place teenagers come to hangout. It was also a mess. Things written on the walls and broken glass on the floors. The outside was so much worse.

"How did this even happen?" I asked.

"Everyone panicked after you had left. You were their leader and just like your dad, you left." I looked at him.

"Yeah," I said. "What makes you think I could fix this? Well, this part would be easy," I said, talking about this building. "But all the Serpents who have been arrested. The ones the deserve and don't deserve to be there. How could I help them?" I asked him. He shrugged.

"I thought you would've known by now," he said.

"We, I don't." I told him. It was quiet between us. All you could hear was the conversations of others here. I looked over at Veronica. She was talking with Cheryl, Toni and Fangs. She looked over at me. I looked down and sighed.

"I'll try my best to fix this mess, but I dont know how well I'll be able to. I have idea how this happened and apparently you don't either." I mumbled.

"Had to deal with some personal problems, Jones." He said. I looked at him.

"What would these personal problems be, may I ask ?" I asked. He sighed.

"Well, my girlfriend and I had a kid a while ago. It wasn't even planned it just happened. Then she got into an accident and was in a coma for two weeks. She wakes up, not remembering things from the last year and a half. And as of this moment she's watching a five month old baby that she can't remember if its hers or not." He said.

"Dude, I am so sorry." I said not really sure what I should say.

"No, she's getting better by the day. The doctors just don't think she'll ever fully recover." He said.

"But at least she's getting better, right?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yeah, I just hope she'll remember that we had a kid together. She remembers us getting together, but not us having a kid." He said. I nodded.

"She'll be okay," I reassured him. I still don't know what to say. It was once again quiet between us.

"What about her," he said looking at Veronica. "How did you two meet?"

"I saved her from an abusive boyfriend." I told him.

"Oh," he said.

"Yeah, she's been in three other relationships and all three of them were abusive in one way." I said.

"Holy shit," he said.

"I know," I started to admire her from afar.

"You treating her right?" He asked. I quickly looked at him.

"Always," I said.

"You know, I can tell there's more to her story, but I'm not going to ask because one, she doesn't know me. And two, it's none of my business." He said. I chuckled.

"You're a good guy. Your girl is lucky to have you. And that kid." I told him. Then the doors to the Wyrm opened with the Sheriff and some officers. They grabbed the lot of us. Including me. The sheriff was still talking and that's when I realized. I looked at him.

"Dad?" I asked. He looked at me. It was in fact my dad.

"Jughead?" He questioned. "Let him go." And the guy did. I looked over and noticed that one had a hand on Veronica's arm.

"Hey, let her go." I walked over to her. "She is here with me." He let go of her and I put an arm around her. I walked back over to my dad. She was holding onto my arm. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I heard a report about the Seprents and I had to come here." He said. "What are you doing here?"

"I was here to see how bad things were after I left town for a little while. Dad, nothing is going on here. The Serpents aren't doing anything illegal. You should know that as you used to be one yourself. Like always it's the Ghoulies, but everybody wants to think it's the Serpents." I said. He sighed.

"You're right," he said. "Let them go!" He yelled. I looked him in the eyes.

"Have you been drinking again?" I asked. He quickly looked back at me.

"I'm not talking about this here," he said.

"Fine. We'll go somewhere else." I said. "Cheryl, Toni, take Veronica home with you or stay with her at the trailer. Just text me what your doing." I said. They nodded and Veronica walked over to them. I looked at my dad. "Let's go have a normal conversation."

Veronica's POV

"What the hell just happened?" I asked, as I walked back over the three. They all shook their heads.

"Nothing. Let's just go." Toni said. "You going to come Fangs?" He nodded.

"Sure," he said. We left and we went back the trailer. It was quiet for a while. I think we were all kind of worried about Jughead, but for what reason?

"Was that Jughead's dad that came in there?" I asked. I had to know. I mean, I heard him say dad, but I just wanted to make sure.

"Yeah, it was," Toni said.

"He doesn't talk about him much," I said.

"Because after his mom left with his sister, his dad became a little bit of an alcoholic. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good, if that makes sense?" She said. "He just doesn't want people to know that his dad struggled for a while. He did get better over time. His own son leaving encouraged him."

"Oh," is all I could say. I still don't know what happened today, but I'm not sure I want to know.