Caring

Jughead's POV

I heard the yelling again. They've been back for ten weeks and he is still doing this shit. How has he not busted a vocal cord yet? From all the yelling he does, I'm pretty sure his voice should hurt. I hear her crying. I can tell she's trying to be quiet. Trying to hide the fact that she's crying from him. Maybe if she cries he hits her harder. I don't know. I really don't want to know. I'm literally sitting right outside their door. I want to help her, but I just don't know how.

"Jug?" I looked over and saw Betty. She walked over to me. "What's going on? Why are you outside this door? Isn't that your apartment?" She asked pointing to my apartment. I nodded. "And what is that yelling?"

"That's the couple I've been telling you and Archie about," I said in a hushed voice. "Now, shush! I'm paying attention."

"To what? I just hear a man yelling!" She said. I sighed and looked at her.

"What are you even doing here anyways?" I asked. She smiled at me.

"I just came over to see my boyfriend," she said. Oh, right. Did I forget to mention. Betty and I have been together for almost three months now. She comes over everyday at anytime she can. She's at Pop's whenever I'm there. It's like she's obsessed with me. I don't really mind. Kind of. She's a little annoying sometimes, but I like her so its whatever.

"Well, just go inside and I'll be there in a few minutes," I told her.

"How long will a few minutes be?" She asked.

"That depends on how long he continues yelling for. He has already been yelling for an hour." I told her. She sighed and walked inside my apartment. After a few minutes She stuck her head.

"Why are you so obsessed with this?" She asked. I looked at her.

"Do you not hear what he's saying?" I asked.

"I can't understand him. I'm also not listening. Why don't you come inside, Jug?" She asked. I sighed and shook my head, looking away from her.

"No, I'm good." I mumbled. I then started to hear her even more. I feel my heart breaking. If you're wondering why I'm not doing anything, it's because Betty is now here. If she wasn't here I would do it, but if she saw me going in trying to save Veronica, she'd get jealous. I'm slowly starting to not care what she says. Then she came and sat next to me. I glaced at her, but quickly looked away.

"Please come in, Jug." She said. I sighed.

"Wait," I said and she sighed. Before I knew it She was straddling me. I looked at her. "What the hell are you doing?" I asked. She smiled and kissed me. I couldn't help, but kiss her back. But I quickly pulled away. "Betty, stop!"

"Why?" She asked.

"I'm trying to listen and you're being desperate. Plus, we only started dating." I told her.

"We started dating three months ago. It's fine." She said. Then it fell quiet. She smiled. "See, it's over. Nothing to worry about anymore." I sighed and stood up, walking back in my apartment. She quickly followed me.

"Its too soon, Betty," I told her. She sighed.

"I know," she mumbled. "I just wanted to get your mind away from that yelling." Then there was a slam from a door. I quickly got up and opned my door. It was her boyfriend leaving ad fast as possible. I sighed and looked down.

"Jug, what's wrong?" Betty asked.

"Nothing. That was her boyfriend. That guy that was yelling, that was him." I told her. She just stood there. I quickly walked out.

"Wait, Jug, where are you going?" She asked. I knocked on the door. "What the hell are you doing?" I looked over at her.

"I'm making sure she's okay," I told her and knocked again.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because I'm worried," and knocked again.

"What if he was yelling into the phone?" She asked.

"No, I know she's in there. She never answers. I've known and felt why," I mumbled. She still hasn't answered. I leaned up against the door and sighed. "Fuck!" I whispered.

"Come on, Jug. She's not in there. Are you sure you know what you're talking about?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yes, Betty. I've you about it for months." I said. She sighed, and grabbed my arm.

"Just come inside and relax. Calm your mind. I'm sure it was just an argument between them," she said do certain. I looked at her in disbelief.

"An argument where he yells that loud and you can hear her crying quietly, and small whinces. You really think so?" I asked. She sighed, and pulled me inside.

"Let's go inside," she said. She pushed me in, shutting the door. I walked over to the couch, she sat next to me. I wrapped my arm around her and sighed.

"Jug?"

"Hmm?"

"Why do you care about that girl so much?" She asked.

"Because. I don't want to talk about it." I told her.

"Do you like her?" She asked. I shook my head.

"No," I lied to her. "I'm just worried about her. And I hate that you don't seem to care."

"What if I showed you I care?" She asked.

"How?" I asked her and she quickly kissed me. She straddled me again. I couldn't even stop it. I really wanted to, but something, I don't know what, told me not to. Maybe it's because I didn't want her knowing I was lying about liking Veronica. She doesn't even know her, but she knows she being abused She heard it, but she still doesn't seem to care. I can't understand her, but I still like her. A little. I don't know how to feel right now. I am so confused.