Quiet in New York

Jughead's POV

It's been quiet the past couple of days. The worst part about it all was that it worries me that it's been quiet. I know that shouldn't be worrying, but now that I'm used to it and it's not happening makes me think she's hurt or something. Nobodies been in or out of the apartment in the last few days. Well, at least when I'm there. I'm always at work so I never really know when or if someone leaves.

Well also, by a few days I mean two weeks. I finally gathered the courage to go over there. I walked over there and knocked on the door. No answer. I knocked again. I looked at my phone and saw it was nine. I knocked once more and know the door opened. "What the hell do you want?" Her boyfriend asked. "Where is Veronica?" I immediately asked. "Why? Are you her parent?" He asked with a chuckle. I rolled my eyes. "No, I just--" "then go away." He said and shut the door. I knocked again. The door opened again. "What do you want?" He asked. "Where is she? That's all I want to know." I told him. He sighed. "She's in New York visiting her parents." He asked and shut the door. I sighed. I don't believe him. Not one bit, but I decided to walk back to my apartment anyways.

I sighed and threw myself on the couch. "Why am I such a pussy?" I say to myself. I grabbed my phone and looked at it. I got up to take a shower.

A few days later

It's still be awfully quiet. Maybe he was talking the truth. That maybe she was in New York with her family, but what if he was just saying that and she was probably laying dead in that apartment. Now that, that thought is my head I'm worried as hell now. I got up and walked down the hall. I knocked. No answer. I knocked again. No answer. I knocked a little hard. Once again no answer. I then kicked down the door in worried about Veronica. I watched as neighbors poked their head out of their doors. I walked straight inside and looked around. The place was empty. It's like nobody was living here. Well, there was clothes and stuff in the room. I opened the closet. I only expected to find the usually. Like clothes, but I never expected to see a curled up Veronica sitting in the sitting corner of it with her knees to her face and quietly crying. "So he was lying." I said quietly. She jumped. She quickly moved and blocked herself from being hit or something. I get down to her level and try to calm her down. "Hey it's okay. It's only me." I told her. "Your safe you can come out of here now." I said softly and quietly. She started to calm down and crawled out. Then she pointed behind me. I turned around and saw her boyfriend. Before I knew it I was punched in the face and knocked out.

I woke up with a huge headache. I slowly got up and looked around. I looked back in the closet. Nothing. Not even clothes. I ran out of the room. It's empty. Like completely empty. Like nobodies living here.

I walked back to my apartment feeling defeated. How could I let this happen? I sighed and layed in my bed. I looked at the time. Nine-thirty. Ugh! Where did he take her?!