Baby

Veronica's POV

I woke up before Jughead. Like always. He told my parents what happened with my ex boyfriend yesterday. I honestly don't think I would've been able to do it. I'm glad he was here.

When we were getting ready for bed last night, my parents were asking if he wanted to get another room. He looked st me which I thought was cute. He constantly looking at me for what I wanted. I shook my head a little and he said, "I'm good, thank you though". It was adorable how awkward he was around them.

Since I woke up before him I ended up talking with my mom. The conversation was fine until she said something about him.

"Who is that guy you brought?" She asked. I sighed a little.

"He's now a friend. He helped me from my ex. We told you this last night." I told her.

"I know, but we offered him a room and he said "no thanks" after he looked at you and shook your head. Only makes me wonder if anything is happening between you two." She said.

"Oh, my god, mom! No! We're only friends. He just helped me out of that horrible situation, and I'm living with him, yes, but that doesn't mean we're together." I told her. I looked down a little. "I just feel safe with him."

"You like him," he said.

"No, mom! I just," why do I not want my parents to know? I have no clue! "Okay, he just saved me. That's normal, okay?!"

"Okay, but he's cute. And I like him, he's nice." She said. I sighed slightly embarrassed.

"Mom!" I said. She just laughed a little.

"I'm just saying he's a nice person. He seems responsible." She said.

"What do you think daddy would say about him?" I asked.

"I don't know. Why do you care?"

"I don't! I just want to know what he might think." I told her.

"You'll have to ask him," she getting up and just leaving. I just sighed. Does she know? I stood up and sighed again. Then I felt arms wrap around me. I quickly jumped away from them. I turned around and saw Jughead.

"It's just me. It's just me." He said. I sighed of relief. I quickly walked into his arms again. "You're safe." He said. I nodded. "Also, you don't like me?"

"What?" I asked. He chuckled a little.

"I heard the conversation with your mom," he said.

"Oh," I said. "I'm sorry,  I didn't mean, or like--"

"Hey, it's fine. I know what you mean, I promise. You don't have to say sorry all the time." He said. 

"I just thought I was doing something wrong, I'm sorry." I said again.

"Its fine," he said again.

"I want to cuddle with you," I told him. He chuckled, picking me up and walking back to the room. I just cuddled closer to him when we got on the bed. "Why do you want to be with me?"

"What?" He asked.

"Why do you want to be with me?" I asked again.

"We've been over this before," he said. "Because I want to and you're beautiful." I blushed a little, hiding my face.

"Stop!" I said. He chuckled. I just smiled. "Can we just stay here? I just want to be here. With you. Here in your arms."

"Of course we can. Anything you want, baby." He said. I felt my face heat up and I got butterflies in my stomach. What did he just call me? I held onto him tighter. I don't want to lose him. He's the only good thing I got going right now. I mean, other than my parents, but he's the main thing.