Coming Back

Veronica's POV

"Let's go! We're leaving!" He yelled as he threw things back into our bags. I just stood there watching as he did all the work. My father had just questioned him. I guess being here for two months does that. What did my father question him about, you may ask? He suspected abuse. Psychical and emotional abuse. It pissed my boyfriend off and now we are going back to our little apartment. He's making us leaving now since both of my parents left. He wants to be gone before they get back. I sighed and we walked out.

Jughead's POV

It's Saturday so I dont have to go to work. I mean, I can, but I need to just think. They've been gone for almost two full months . I hate that. I've only been thinking about Veronica since they disappeared. I hardly know the girl though. Her boyfriend's a dick. She's the only person I can ever think of. Ever since I woke up from being punched by her boyfriend and they were gone, I've been so worried. It scares me how much danger she's in. I need  to find a reason to help her.

I was brought of my thoughts by my phone buzzing. I looked at ut and saw Betty's name on the screen. I sighed.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Juuuug," she said drawing out the "U". "Can you meet me at Pop's, please?"

"Really? Now?" I asked.

"Yes, it's important." She said. I sighed.

"Okay, give my a bit." I told her.

"Okay, see ya!" She said and hung up.

I slowly got up and around to leave. When I finally did leave it was nine-thirty.

When I finally got to Pop's it was 10:20. I walked inside and found Betty sitting in a booth. She smiled at me and I smiled back. I went and sat across from her.

"So, what is it you needed to talk about?" I asked. She sighed still smiling.

"Well, I've been hiding something for quite a while now." She said.

"Okay? What is it?" I asked.

"Jug, I've liked you highschool. I was just to scared to say something." She said. I just looked at her. "Archie once told me that you liked me, but you were also to scared to say something."

"Well, yeah, I did like you." I said.

"And what about now?" She said. She had a look on her face that made it hard for me to say I didn't like her anymore. I sighed.

"I..." I remembered Veronica. I might be falling for her now. The last time I remember liking Betty was the summer of our Junior year.

"Jug," she said. I looked at her. "Are you Okay? You seemed to be thinking pretty hard." She giggled.

"Yeah, no, I'm fine. I'm just thinking. You remeber when I told you that I'm worried about the girl a few doors down from me?" I asked. She nodded with a confused look on her face. I sighed. "Well, her and her boyfriend have been gone for the past two months and I'm worried about her. He just doesn't seem so great." I told her. I noticed her roll her eyes. She then sighed and smiled.

"You still never answered my question, Jug," she said. She can't be serious. "Do you still like me?" I sighed.

"I-I don't know, Betty. This isn't what I'm thinking about right now." I told her.

"Its that damn girl isn't it? Why is she so important to you? You don't even know her! Except that her name is..." she stopped. "...whatever it was. I don't care!"

"That doesn't mean a thing. And how could you not care? I may not know her, but I can still be worried," I said. "I'm going." I got up and started leaving.

"Jughead, wait!" I turned around and Betty had gotten up. She walked over to me and kissed me. I didn't do anything, but I could feel the feelings I used to have for her coming back. She slowly pulled away. We looked into each others eyes. "I have to go now," she said and left, leaving me confused. I just stood there for a couple minutes before I finally left.