Goodbye

Veronica's POV

I woke up in the arms of a person. I knew it was Jughead. I didn't want to move. I just want to stay here. In his arms. I cuddled closer before I realized he has a girlfriend. I slowly but quickly started getting up. But I was pulled back.

"Stay here," he said, pulling me closer. I looked at him. He was looking at me. He nodded. I layed my head on his chest and he held me closer.

"What happened with your girlfriend last night?" I asked. He sighed.

"She left not to long after I followed you in here. She was just being her usual self." He said.

"Oh," I mumbled. "How long are we gonna be here?"

"As long as you want," he said.

"Forever," I said, and looekd him with a smile. He chuckled.

"That's fine with me. I don't have to work today," he said. I love being with him. I really love being in his arms. I feel safe with him. I feel like I can trust him with anything. I sighed and sat up.

"Hey, what are you doing?" He asked. I looked at him and he sat up too. "What?" He asked again.

"Was it a good idea to say that in front of your girlfriend?" I asked. "Does she even care? Is she gonna do something and twist. Telling people who don't even know me?"

"To be honest I don't know. She's impertinent. She sometimes doesn't care about other people's feelings." He said. I looked down. "She was never like that before. She used to be so kind-hearted and she always gave people a chance. It was that moment we started dating almost a year ago when she changed. We've been together for eight months, and I don't like the way She is now. She gets mad at me for the stupidest things and I feel I'm not worth anything." I felt bad now. I put my hand on his face and we looked at each other in the eyes.

"You are worth everything. Don't let anyone make you think you aren't. Not even your girlfriend." He smiled a little and I moved my hand.

"Thanks," he said. "You're the best." I smiled too.

"Yeah, anytime. Besides, I'm always burdening you with my troubles," I said.

"You are not doing anything when you tell me things that worry you. Or that you're scared of. Even when you wake up in the middle of the night, crying and screaming thinking someone's there to hurt you." He said. "All of this could last a life time and I'll still be there to help you through it. No matter what." I smiled even more and hugged him.

"Thank you," I said quietly. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me. I didn't want to let go of him, but there was a knock at the door. We looked at each other. "Its probably your girlfriend." He got up and I heard him sigh. I stayed and got around for the day. I heard him say a name I didn't recognize. I walked out and saw him talking to a red headed guy. He looked back at me with a confused look on his face.

"Uhh, who's this?" He asked. Jughead looked back at me. He quickly looked back at the guy.

"Archie, this isn't what you think it is." He said. "This is the girl I told you and Betty about." The guy nodded. "I helped her out of that situation. She's been living with me, what, a month now?" He looked back at me and I nodded. "Yeah, a month."

"So Betty was right," the guy mumbled.

"What? What do you mean?" Jughead asked.

"This girl is the center of your whole world isn't she?" The guy said. "You care more about her then your own girlfriend!"

"That's not true! I love Betty. But sometimes she's just too much in my business and I don't like it!" He said.

"Is it because you don't want her knowing you're cheating on her?" The guy asked.

"What? I'm not cheating on her. Why would you even think that?" He asked.

"She told me," the guy said. "Veronica. That's her name, right?" He looked at me. "His girlfriend, Betty, doesn't want you living here anymore." He looked back at Jughead. "She can't live here anymore. Get her out if here." The guy said and left. I looked down.

"Hey, don't listen to him." He said. I shook my head.

"Its fine. Your friends don't like me. They don't want me here so I guess I'll just leave," I said walking back to the room. He followed.

"No, you don't have to leave. You can stay here. I know you'll need too," he said.

"I may need too, but they don't want me here. Nobody does I guess." I mumbled.

"Hey, hey. Look at me," he said. I did. "I want you here. I don't care about them I-" he stopped. "Do you think you'll able to stay here by herself for two hours at the most?"

"I-I don't know, but I'll try, I guess. Why?" I asked. He sighed.

"I'll be right back, I promise." He said and left. After about ten minutes there was another knock at the door.

Jughead's POV

I can't fucking believe Betty told Archie I was cheating. I'm not! I can't stand her and her bullshit anymore. Like I said, since we started dating she changed. I made my way to her house. I hate how long this drive was. I had to leave Veronica by herself.

When I got to Betty's house, I knocked as long as I possibly could. I waited about a minutes before the door was opened. It was Betty, she smiled at me.

"Hi, Juggie. What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I need to talk to you," I said

"Come in," she said and I walked in. She shut the door. "Archie told me he went over to your place."

"Yeah, he did. And I know you told him to. Why do you want Veronica out of there so bad? And don't act innocent about it." I asked.

"Because she's taking you from me. You're not even with me. At least it doesn't feel like we are." She muttered. I sighed.

"I'm trying to help her. And she thinks nobody cares for her,"

"Well, I don't!"

"How could you say that? Do you not remember the things She said the other night!?" I asked. "I'm helping her through this."

"Please! She's just wanting your attention!" She said. I sighed.

"You can think that, but I have seen the scars. The self inflicted ones. I've never said anything because I don't want to upset her. I've heard the yelling. I've seen the abuse! I know and have seen what she's been through." I said. "And I would rather screwed by her then get screwed by you."

"What does that mean?" She asked. I saw a worried look on her face.

"I would like getting hurt by her more than you. I'm also saying that I'm done. We're over!" I said. I saw the tears in her eyes.

"What?! No! It's her isn't it!?" I didn't say anything. "I knew it! It was her from the beginning. That's why you were hesitant to say you liked me back before we got together." She said.

"Just get over it Betty. I'm leaving." I said and left. I didn't want to hear anything She had to say. I made my way, quickly, back to the apartment. I opened the door. "Veronica?" No answer. I did hear quiet sobbing coming from the room though. I quickly walked back there and found her crying. "Hey, hey. What's wrong? What happened."

"Eight," she cried and I pulled her into a hug. Knowing exactly what she was talking about.