Chapter 27

"Layla! Wake up!" I felt someone jumping on the edge of my bed. I groaned and slithered under my covers.

"Babe, wake up," I felt lips press to mine and I woke up with a start, eyes wide. Liam started laughing. "Good morning," he smiles.

"Liam!" I throw my arms around his neck.

"Hey," he laughed, kissing my hair and that's when I notice something.

"Liam?"

"Yeah?"

"Where's your hair?" I frowned, rubbing my head across the shaved remnants of his curls.

"Uh...I shaved my head," he ran a hand over his nub of hair.

"It looks good," I smiled, pulling him in for a kiss.

"Thank you," he blushed. "Happy birthday, love," he grinned and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"What do you have planned?" I asked. He pulled me into his lap as we sat on the bed.

"You'll have to wait," he tapped my nose and I groaned dramatically.

"How does it feel to be 18?" Zayn asked, walking into the room. Close behind him, were the rest of the boys.

"What are y'all doing here?" I asked.

"Rude," Harry scowled and I smiled.

"I meant-" Louis cut me off.

"We know what you meant. It's because we decided we didn't want to say goodbye twice," he said, looking at the ground.

"Y'all are staying?" I frowned.

"Babe, we have to," Liam hugged me.

"So I have to get on a plane by myself?" All five boys nodded sadly.

"Lets not get too sad, shall we? Liam needs to leave so we can get Miss Layla ready," Louis said.

"Leave?" I asked.

"It's all apart of the plan. I love you! You'll see me later," he kissed my head and disappeared out of the room.

"Now what?" I asked the remaining boys.

"Go shower," Zayn picked me up and shoved me into the bathroom. He shut the door behind him.

"Zayn?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm gonna need clothes," I said to him on the other side of the door.

"Louis went to get you outfit for the day."

"I'm gonna need underwear too, Zayn," I smirked. He threw open the door. His face was bright red.

"Help yourself," he made way and I grabbed my bag and ran back to the restroom.

**

After I had showered and dried my hair, the boys had me sitting on a chair, wearing a large T-shirt

"Why can't I get dressed!?" I whined.

"Just wait. God," Niall laughed. I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Is she here yet?" Louis asked Harry.

"No...wait yes! Lou! In here," Harry waved into the room and in walked their hair dresser, Lou. And on her hip, was Lux.

"Lux!" I cooed. Lou put Lux down and she waddled to me.

"La-La!" I kissed her head as she yelled my nickname.

"Thank you for coming on such short notice," Louis said to Lou.

"You called me a week ago, Louis," Lou said, making me laugh.

"Why are you here? Not that I don't love you," I asked and she chuckled.

"I'm here to make you look beautiful. Not that you already aren't," she winked at me.

"Get to it then. We have to run to the dry cleaners," Harry said and then the boys disappeared. I looked at Lou expectantly as she began toying with my locks.

"I'm not telling you," she smiled, making eye contact with me in the mirror.

"Fine," I grumbled.

"But I will tell you, you are a very lucky girl."

"I know," I grinned.

"Lets get to it, yeah?" Lou set up her makeup and got to work.

*

After an hour of prep, I was staring a girl I was sure wasn't me. My hair had a lighter tint to it, that I loved. It cascaded down my back in the most elegant curls. My makeup was done perfectly and I had the biggest smile on my face.

"Thanks," I grinned at her as she packed up.

"Anything for you."

I got up and went to the bathroom to fetch the promise ring Liam got me.

It was gone.

"Lou!"

"What is it?!"

"My ring is gone," I frowned and I swear I saw a small smile appear on her face but before I could say anything, it was gone.

"It'll be okay," I was about to respond when the boys walked in.

"Put this on," Niall handed me a white box.

"Okay," I said awkwardly, going to the bathroom. I opened the box to see a beautiful black dress. It was strapless. I held it up to my chest, twirling around. I took of the shirt I was wearing and pulled on the dress. I walked out of the bathroom and all the boys whistled. I laughed.

"How do I look?" I spun around.

"Pwetty!" Lux said, making me smile.

"I don't have shoes," I said looking at my bare feet.

"Yes you do," Lou reached into her bag and whipped out a pair of black heels. Zayn helped me step into them. I walked around carefully, getting comfortable.

"I think I got the hang of these," I said proudly just as I stumbled. Luckily, Harry caught me. "Okay, maybe not," I sighed.

"Just walk around some more. I'm just glad I got four inch instead of six," Lou laughed. "Well, I'm off. See you boys Monday morning. Good luck at school, Layla," she hugged me and Lux wrapped herself around my legs.

"I love you, Layla!" She smiled as her mother picked her up.

"Thanks, Lou. See you soon!" I waved at her as she left. "Now what?" I asked the boys as they smiled evilly.

"Oh no."