Chapter 3

At the studio, most of my time was spent on the outside of the box, listening to the boys record their new music. They were currently recording my favorite, Moments, and I found myself singing along with them. 

"If we could only have this life for one more day; If we could only turn back time." I sang aloud before realizing the music had stopped and I blushed red.

"Why did the music stop?" I asked.

"You are a wonderful singer, Layla. You have a beautiful, strong voice." Paul commented, resting against the wall. 

"Can she record with us?" Liam asked, perking up. I looked at him through the glass, shaking my head no very violently. Harry smiled mischievously.

"Yeah, can she?" Harry smirked. Niall, Lou, and Zayn looked toward Robert, the guy working the controls for the music. 

"Uh..sure?" He said, looking at Paul who nodded. I groaned.

"Do I have to?"

"Yes!" The boys chorused. I stood up and walked into the booth. 

"What are we singing?" I asked, sitting down on a stool next to Liam.

"How about Breaking Free from High School Musical?" Louis laughed, referring to the fact that Liam was once called Troy Bolton. 

"It's a duet, so sure." Liam said, looking at me. I nodded. 

Robert starts up the music and Liam begins singing into the microphone.

"We're soarin', flyin'. There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach." He grinned, looking at me.

"If we're trying, so we're breaking free." I blushed.

 "You know the world can see us, in a way that's different than who we are." He intertwined his fingers with mine. 

"Creating space between us, 'till we're separate hearts."

"But your faith it gives me strength; strength to believe!" We sang together, hearing the music die down. The studio was full of applause.  

"That was amazing!" Louis exclaimed. I blushed of embarrassment as Liam hugged me to his chest. 

"We better get back to work." Liam proclaimed, taking control.  

"Okay, Daddy." Harry laughed and Liam scowled. I just laughed and walked out of the recording area.  

We spent at least two more hours at the studio before the producer had enough different recordings.

"Who's hungry?" Harry asked.

"Me!" Niall and I screamed together. We both ran to the car, flailing our arms behind us.

"You two are idiots." Harry called after us. I turned to glare just in time to see Liam punch him in the shoulder. I laughed and hopped into the back, next to Niall, saving Liam a seat.

"I'm driving." Louis called out, as he got into the driver's seat and starting the car. 

Liam, Niall, and I were in the very back, leaving Harry  and Zayn a choice of the middle row or the passenger seat.

"Is anyone going to sit up here with me?" He asked.

"Nope!" Harry said, soaring into the middle row, laying down. Zayn pushed Harry's legs out of the seats and sat down. Louis feigned hysterical tears as he pulled out of the parking lot. 

 "So where to?" Louis asked.

"McDonald's? I'm in the mood for greasy food." I suggested, laying my head in Liam's lap and setting my legs across Niall's legs. I kicked my boots off, revealing my unmatched colored socks.