Chapter 12

When we walked in, the room was dim. Liam was sitting in a chair next to Niall, seeming to talk to him. Niall's mouth started moving and my heart flipped. We had gone unnoticed until Zayn forgot to close the door quietly and it slammed.

"Layla!" Liam jumped up and ran to me, picking me up and spinning me. He put me down and I winced. "Oh my gosh. I'm sorry babe." He kissed my gash gently.

"It's okay. I'm just sore." I looked at his arm. It was wrapped up. "What happened?"

"It's from the glass. It's all sliced up, but it should heal fast." He assured me.

"Good." I sat my bag gently by the door and looked up, making eye contact with blue eyes. The same blue as mine. I felt like I was looking at what could've been me.

"Hey, Niall." I smile, walking towards him and kissing his forehead.

"How's your head?" He asked, staring at the bandage. This boy could be on his death bed and would only worry about everyone else.

"I should be asking you that." I said, looking at all the wires. There was a bandage around his head, bleached blond hair was peeking through. He was sweating and wearing an ugly hospital gown like I was a few hours before. His leg was in one of those slings that hang from the wall and his arm was wrapped up.

"Layla, I had to do it." He said, playing with his hands.

"No you didn't. I would've been fine." I said, sitting at the edge of his bed.

"No you wouldn't have, Layla. You are too small. You wouldn't have been able to hang on." He said, staring into my eyes. "When that idiot's car hit us, I saw the metal flying towards us. I was sure Liam and Louis could have gotten it, but they missed it. I let go of your hand and tore the seatbelt off of me. I jumped over you, knocking it out of the way. That was when your door flew open. Harry shut it, but I went through the window."

"I don't remember any of this." I admitted.

"That's because a smaller piece of the car hit your head, making you black out. Zayn tried shaking you awake, but you wouldn't budge. The last thing you did was scream Liam's name." He had a tear running down his cheek. "We thought we lost you, Layla."

"Oh, Niall." I pulled him into a hug.

"Man, my head hurts." He rubbed his temple.

"Want me to go get the nurse?" I asked, seeing we were alone.

"Sure." He smiled and I got up, patting his leg.

I walked outside to find the nurse when I bumped into a man. I looked up to apologize when I saw who it was.

Todd.