Chapter 1

I smile as I recognize that familiar tune, humming to myself happily. I look up from my spot on the beach, where I was reading my book, to see the many cameras and crew milling about making sure everything was running smoothly.

I saw him smiling at me and I blushed intensely, trying to focus on my book, but I felt those dark brown eyes boring into the back of my head as the song grew closer. I started singing quietly to myself.

"Baby you light up my world like nobody else." I sang softly as the guys ran by. I couldn't help but laugh at their expressions as they ran through the water. I tried concentrating on my book, but couldn't help because they are too entertaining. They come out of the water, taking a short break, coming full speed towards me. Having slow reflexes, I only get up in time to be tackled to the ground by Liam.

"Hey." He sighs, breathlessly, in that seriously awesome accent of his. He has my hands pinned up above my head in the sand.

"Hi yourself." I grin. He leans in closer to my face and when we are only a few measly centimeters away, Harry speaks up.

"Okay, Lover Boy, break's over." Liam groans as he stands and I giggle. Harry looks at me and winks. I roll my eyes jokingly.

I stand up, adjusting the orange halter top that is covering my swimsuit and dust the sand off my denim cutoff shorts. I ran a hand through my long dark brown hair as I put my book into my pink beach bag. I slid my flip flops on for the scene of the music video I'm actually in. It was really sweet of Liam to ask for me in the video other than some famous actress. The make-up and hair lady dusts some blush on my tan face and then forces me to run a brush through my hair. She also hands me a pull over, plain white sweater to wear over my halter top. I pull it on quickly then run over to the fire the crew set up.

Liam gestured to the seat on the log next to him and I look at Louis, since he understands where I'm going. He offers me a seat, playing along, and I sit down by him, smirking at Liam playfully. He starts to pout so I give in, pretending to be upset about the situation. I plant a kiss on his cheek and sit next to him.

The director, John Urbano, begins talking to us, explaining to us what we need to do.

"Layla, I want you to look at Liam, flirtatiously and maybe a kiss here and there. Harry, look into Madison's eyes and Niall, Zayn, and Louis, do the same with Cassidy and Izzy. Girls, flirt with them. Have fun! And action!" He backs away as the cameras start rolling and the fire is ablaze. The music is playing loudly.

When Liam begins lip-syncing the words and looking right into my pale, big blue eyes, I can't help but smile and blush. He just puts me on Cloud 9.

When we are done filming, it's a lot darker than it was before. We all pitch in when it comes to packing up the equipment.

Liam suddenly takes me up on the white washed balcony they sang on, to talk to me.

"I have something to tell you, Layla." He looks into my eyes, running a hand through his already tousled light brown hair. I start panicking, thinking he wants to break up with me, but when I open my mouth to speak, he places a calloused hand over my pink lips.

"I really care about you and I want you to have this." He brings out a shiny, silver charm bracelet and gestures for me to hold out my wrist. I'm blushing, but thankfully it's dark out. I run my fingers over the shiny charms, lingering over the cross with the red diamond in the center.

"Thank you! I love it!" I pull him into an embrace and he kisses the top of my forehead. I look over his shoulder, and see the rest of the guys walking toward us.

"You want to go out to eat?" Zayn asks, but backs away when he notices we are having a moment. Liam releases me, so he can reply.

"Um, sure. Where to?" He asks, intertwining our fingers. I don't answer because my stomach starts growling loudly, answering for me. I laugh, as do the guys.

"How about Orange Leaf?" Niall suggests, knowing my obsession with frozen yogurt.

"Yes please!" I plead.

"Sounds good." Liam laughs, pulling me along with him as we walk behind the guys. He starts swinging our hands in-between us, and I start laughing. I feel my phone vibrate, and using my right hand, I pull my white iPhone 4 out of my shorts pocket.

It's a message from my best friend, Avery. She's asking where I am. I groan, not wanting to deal with this right now. I'm not being rude it's just she knows I'm with the guys and I'm going to be spending two weeks with her when I get back from England. I vow to text her at Orange Leaf.

After filling up on yogurt, we head back to the hotel to pig out on pizzas and ice cream. Excited, I run into my room and quickly change into a pair of pink plaid pajama pants and a light pink, plain matching shirt. I slid on some white socks and twist my long hair into a braid.

I run into the room Liam and Niall share to see the guys setting up a movie and the many assortment of snacks. I hear my ring-tone, One Thing, and pick it up, seeing it's Avery. I sigh heavily, leaving the room full of confused boys.

"Hey!" She says, forcing a happy voice, when I know she's really mad.

"What's up?"

"Painting my toes. You? Oh wait; I already know. Chilling with Liam right?" I can almost hear her eyes roll. "Oh and thanks for texting me back."

"I was just about to message you when you called." I explained, getting agitated.

"Yeah right." She scoffs angrily.

"What's your problem?"

"I never get to see my best friend is my problem. She's always traveling around the globe with Liam and his stupid boy band."

"When I get home, we are going to spend two weeks together, shopping and eating sugary foods." I remind her pointedly.

"You promised that last time you left the country."

I rolled my eyes. "I know and I'm sorry I broke that promise, but this one I intend to keep."

"Yeah. I'm sure. Whatever. Have fun with One Direction." The line goes dead and I know she hung up. I groan, throwing myself onto my bed.

"You okay?" Harry asks, walking in.

"Not really." I say, accepting his strong hand as he helps me up.

"What's wrong?"

"Avery. She's all mad because she thinks I ditched her. Last time when I promised we'd hang out, I had an actual reason. Mom and Dad just got back and she thought that was just some excuse."

"She'll get over it. Now come on, let's party!" And as if on cue, music comes on, at full volume. I smile, following him into the next room.

By the end of the night, there's food wrappers, squashed soda cans, and silly string covering the floor.

"I'm tired." I yawn, checking my phone seeing it's almost three in the morning. I plug my phone in, as it's only on 5% and get under the covers that are on the floor. The guys thought it would be fun to make a fort and then a pallet underneath. It worked out rather well.

I hear the TV volume slowly decrease and then the guys get under the fort, into their individual sleeping bags. Liam is on one side of me, with Niall next to him, then Harry on the other side, with Zayn, and Louis on the side next to him.

"I need to pee." Harry says, laughing.

"Once I get situated." Zayn groans and I laugh, barely even awake.

"Night, guys!" I say, with a small smile on my face.

"Night Layla!" A chorus of voices reply as I drift off into dreamland.