Chapter 13

"What are you doing here?" I sneered.

"I was in a car wreck two days ago and I'm checking out." He said, staring at the bandage on my forehead. He reached to touch it, but I jumped back.

"Don't touch me." And that was when I realized it. That sedan...belonged to Todd.

"It was you. You were the drunk driver that hit us." I said. pointing at him.

"Yes, and I'm sorry." 

"Say that to my brother who is in critical condition." 

"You have a brother?" 

"Oh my God. You really are an idiot. Niall may as well be my brother. All those boys are my family and you nearly killed one of them." I said, my voice volume increasing bit by bit.

"Can we talk somewhere private? Please." 

"What? Is the big ol' Todd scared of his reputation being ruined? Well buddy, that happened two years ago. For me anyways." I said, slapping his hand away.

"Just please." He said, pointing to the exit.

"Fine." I followed him outside, where it was overcast. I could tell it was going to rain soon.

"We are here. Now what." I said, hands on my hips.

"I want to apologize. For everything. I feel really bad about what happened two years ago. And what happened the other day."

"You should be." I screamed and thunder boomed above us. 

"Layla, I'm sorry about your friend, but the idiot shouldn't have jumped out of the car."

"You douche. Niall jumped to save me. The metal from your car flew through the window and nearly hit me. He jumped across me to save me." I was getting angry and the rain was beginning to fall.

"Don't call me that." He growled.

"I can call you a lot worse." And that was when he pinned me to the wet brick wall. He held my arms above my head and I could smell the alcohol on his breath. He leaned forward and his lips crashed against mine. I struggled under his grasp. I bit his lip hard and felt a warm liquid.

"Ow. You bitch." He sneered. I stood there, soaking wet, with his blood on my lip. 

"Nobody calls me a bitch." I yelled in his face before punching him in the nose, causing more blood. That's when the door flew open.

"Layla!" Harry said, and Louis, Zayn, and Liam followed him out the door. "Niall said you went to get medicine but never came back. No worries. We got it to him..." Harry trailed off noticing the bleeding guy in front of me.

"Layla...what happened?" Liam asked, taking his shirt and wiping Todd's blood from my lip.

I turned and looked at Todd. He ripped his shirt and had it on his nose where blood was gushing. His lip was red from the blood.

"I handled it." I said.

"Tell me." Louis said, getting pissed.

"He kissed me." I said. Liam grew angry and Harry got in Todd's face.

"Don't ever touch her again or it will be your life, mate." Harry said to Todd who looked generally scared.

"Come on, Harry. He's not worth it. Besides, he got his." I smirked and turned to take the towel Louis grabbed for my from a passing by nurse. I wrapped up in it.

"Stay away from her." Liam growled. I grabbed his hand and walked to the door.

"Oh and one more thing." I stopped and turned back around to the bleeding Todd.

"Don't go near Avery or I will do something about it." I said and turned on my heel.

"What did you do to him, Layla?" Louis asked, holding laughter at Todd's appearance as we walked in.

I told all of them the whole story. Me yelling at him. Everything I said. Going outside. The alcohol on his breath. The kiss. Me biting his lip and then punching him.

"And you guys know the rest." 

"You are one bad-ass girl." Louis said.

"He called you a bitch? I'll kill him." Liam said, going towards the door.

"Babe, wait." I grabbed his arm. "He's probably gone and he won't be back." I promised.

"Are you okay?" Liam asked.

"I assure you, I'm better than okay." I said, smiling.

"I have a T-shirt in Niall's room. Do you want it?" Harry asked.

"I'm good." I said, slightly confused.

"You sure?" He asked, looking at my bright pink tank top. I finally looked down and saw the blood. I was soaked to the core and I was shivering.

"No. Go get the shirt." I laughed, but I was kinda grossed out. My ex's blood was on my shirt and it was just gross.

Harry came back with a plain grey shirt. He also had a purple hoodie.

"Thanks." I kissed his cheek and ran to the bathroom to fix myself up. I changed into the shirt and pulled on the hoodie. I was still shivering but I was gradually getting warmer. My hair was a mess and the bandaid was gone. I took my hair down and ran my fingers through it. I washed my face and just stared at myself.

My blue eyes seemed happier and shinnier. My brown hair was cascading in wet curls all around me and the scar was slightly hidden. It was red and tender, and hurt at the slightest touch.  I had a smile on my face and I couldn't figure out why.

Then I realized.

Todd was out of my life forever.

I had the best friends in the world.

And an amazing boyfriend.