Chapter 23

The club was bouncing the minute we walked in. My friends were every where, having a great time. All the girls that were there screamed when they saw who I was with. 

"I thought I saw you in a picture with them! I heard about the wreck. Are y'all okay?" A friend of mine, Stacey asked.

"Yes." I laughed. "We are fine." I hugged her and went through the crowd, saying a quick hello  to everyone. 

After an hour of dancing and hanging with friends, the boys went on stage.

"Hello Los Angeles!" Liam smiled.

"Dude, there's only about thirty people here." Harry pointed out and everyone laughed.

"They're from LA so it doesn't matter." He smirked.

"Anyways, ignore them. You all know Layla!" Niall pointed to me as a spot light surrounded me and everyone cheered. 

"It's almost her birthday and we are going to sing her a special song." Zayn smiled and the opening beat to One Thing blasted through the speakers. I laughed and sang along with them.

"I've tried playing it cool, but when I'm lookin' at you, I can't ever be brave 'cause you make my heart race." Liam smiled and pointed to me, making me blush.

"Shot me out of the sky; you're my kryptonite. You keep making me weak. Yeah, frozen and can't breath." Harry ran around the small stage and winked at me.

"Somethin's gotta give now, 'cause I'm dying just to make you see that I need you here with me now 'cause you've got that one thing!" Zayn sang, making funny faces at me and I burst into laughter, earning some laughter from my friends.

They began the harmonization and then it was Niall's solo. He brought his guitar and the music stopped.

"Now I'm climbing the walls, but you don't notice at all that I'm going out of my mind; all day and all night. Happy early birthday, best friend!" He screamed into the mircrophone and they finished off the song. 

"Happy birthday, babe. I love you." Liam smiled into the mircrophone. 

"I love you too!" I yelled to him.

"Now, it's Layla's turn." Louis smiled, coming into the crowd and grabbing my hand and dragging me onstage.

"Wait..what?!" 

"You're gonna sing, love." Niall smirked, handing me a mic. He sat in a stool next to me with his guitar and began playing Heart Skips a Beat by Olly Murs.

"I can see you're not yourself. Even when you're here with me, I know that you're somewhere else, so put another record on. Kiss and lead me on. Nothing really matters when we're dancing; listen to the same sad song playing on repeat, cause every time we come this close, my heart skips, skips a beat." I sang the song and my friends began clapping and a few were recording it. Liam was swaying from side to side and smiling. I finished the song out proudly.

Afterwards, everyone cheered. Niall forced me to take a bow and after I did so, I gave him a hug. Then I ran into Liam's arms and he kissed me.

"Thank you." I told him in between kisses.

"For what, babe?"

"For being there."

"Anytime."