Chapter 4

Todd Chambers was my ex from freshman year. He was a grade ahead of me, so he was a sophomore. He was the star basketball player and he seemed really nice, but as our relationship progressed, he was controlling. If I wanted to hang out with Avery, he made me stay so I had to tell Avery I was hanging with him. Then, she was cool with me dating someone because it was "puppy love", so she didn't find anything suspicious about it. One day, I realized why he was dating me and getting closer to me. He only wanted one thing and when I wouldn't give it to him, he slapped me and threatened me if I told. Long story short, I went home and told my parents everything. He was never allowed near me again. 

I never told Avery.

"Layla? Are you there?"

"Oh uh..yeah. I'm here. Congrats!" I forced happiness.

"Thanks, but I gotta go! He's on the other line. Bye girly!"

"Bye.." I hung up, sitting my phone on the counter and throwing myself on the couch next to Liam and Harry.

"You okay, love?" Liam asked, squeezing my hand.  

"I'll tell you about it tomorrow. I don't wanna ruin this amazing night." I smiled and he nodded in understanding. 

"Let's start this movie!" Zayn said, clicking the play button on the TV. I snuggled up close to Liam as he wrapped me in a blanket. He rest his head on top of mine.

"I wanna cuddle too!" Harry said, resting his head on my shoulder. I laughed, patting his curly head.

"Okay, Harry." I laughed. Niall was laying on my feet and Zayn was sprawled on the floor below Harry, while Louis was laying on the love seat.

Throughout the entire film, I would end up burying my face in Liam's body. When it ended, I just sat there, staring at the television. 

"Are you okay?" Liam asked, hiding laughter.

"Can we watch Disney now?" I asked like a child.

"Yeah. That was freaking scary!" Niall asked, jumping up in Harry's lap.

"We don't have anything to do tomorrow so let's stay up all night." Lou winked. I rolled my eyes. 

"And it's only a little after ten." Zayn added.

"Let's do it!" I say, putting my hand in the middle of us. The guys laughed at me, but piled their hands on mine. 

When we lifted our hands, we all screamed, "UP ALL NIGHT!" 

"Let's go get frozen yogurt." I suggested, smiling.

"Sounds fun, but we have to make it past the mob." Zayn said, from the outside balcony. I got up and looked outside. There were at least a hundred girls milling about.

"Go get Paul." I nodded and ran out the door and down the hall, knocking on Paul's door. He appeared wearing plaid pants and a white T-shirt.

"I hope I didn't wake you, but we are having some issues." 

"What is it, sweetie?"

"We want to get some yogurt but there is at least a hundred girls out there." I explained, dramatically. He rolled his eyes at my frozen yogurt addiction but agreed to help.

"Let me go get some shoes and tell the boys to be ready to run to the car." I gave him at thumbs up and ran back to the room to tell the guys the plan. 

I slid on a pair of my Toms and stole Liam's jacket. I pulled the hood over my full head of hair to hide my face. Louis had a pair of 3-D glasses with the lenses poked out on and a beanie. Zayn was wearing some baggy sweats and a dark beanie. Niall was wearing some basketball shorts and a sweatshirt. Harry was just gonna be himself and Liam just pulled on another jacket and we exited the room. Paul was outside the elevator waiting.