Chapter 8

We got to Los Angeles at two in the morning, Wednesday. I didn't bother going home; my parents were away on a trip for work, so I just went to the hotel with the boys. 

When I woke up the next morning, expecting Liam to be right next to me, but he wasn't. In his place was a grinning Harry. I have to admit, Harry has a gorgeous smile that all the girls are swooning over, but this kid had the creepiest smile on his face. I nearly fell out of the bed.

"Scare you?" He burst into laughter.

"Little bit." I said, sitting up. "What time is it?" 

"It's half past eleven. Sleep well?" 

"Swimmingly." I sighed, pushing the heavy blankets off my body. I was still wearing the clothes from the plane ride, and I was dying to take a shower.

"Where are the guys?" I asked.

"They just left a few minutes ago to get donuts. I waited here so you wouldn't wake up alone."

"I was born and raised here. You are in my turf now, bub!" I poked his chest.

"That's right." He smiled. "You are so smart, Layla."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to take a shower."

"Have fun."

"I will." I laughed, grabbing a fresh pair of shorts and a orange tank top.

As soon as I had bathed, washed my hair, and shaved my legs, I was out of the shower. Normally, I liked to relax, but I heard the boys come in and I was starving.

I wrapped my hair in a towel, and exited the steamy bathroom.

"There's my girl." Liam kissed my forehead. "Sleep well?" 

"Yup!" I said, idly twisting my ring around my finger.

"Hungry? Wait..why did I even ask?" Liam smiled, handing me my favorite, blueberry donut. 

"Thanks!" I said, sitting at the bar on a stool. I leaned over and grabbed a white milk and was soon accompanied by Zayn. I was nibbling on my donut, when I realized I needed to let Avery know I was in town. 

I ran and grabbed my phone, sending her a quick text that I was in town, and asked if she wanted to hang out.

When I returned, Niall held up a box, showing me that it was full of kolaches and blueberry donuts.

"Oh my gosh." I said, grabbing two more donuts and a kolache.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and Avery said I could come stay with her for the week and hinted at a double date with Liam, her, me, and Todd.

That name made me cringe, but I went with it. 

I text her back saying that I'd be over later and that we were going to the boys' concert Friday, and for once, she seemed thrilled about something that had to do with One Direction.

 "Guys, I'm going to be staying the week at Avery's, but we will be going to the concert Friday." 

"Why me!?" Niall threw himself on the floor.

"You can't go!" Zayn spazzed out and was having a freak attack in the chair before he finally fell to the floor. Lou was on the ground in the fetal position and Harry was rolling around. Liam and I were laughing our heads off.

"We've had her for a month now. She needs to spend time with her friends and she has school in a few weeks." Liam said sadly. I felt a tear go down my cheek. Niall jumped up and wiped it off my cheek.

"Don't worry, cupcake. We will come kidnap you!" He smiled, showing the blueberries in his teeth. I laughed sadly.

"You better." I smiled. 

"Wouldn't think about not doing it." Louis said, standing up and giving me a hug. Harry jumped up and nearly tackled me to the ground.

"I love you, La-La." Zayn smiled and I returned the favor.

"Moving on from this love fest, we need to take Layla here school clothes shopping." Louis smirked.

"I don't start until the 13th of August." I groaned, plopping down onto the couch.

"It's your senior year! We need you to look fierce." Louis snapped his fingers, acting like a crazy super model. Niall and I erupted into uncontrollable laughter. 

"Then let's go!" Harry grabbed my wrist and jerked me to the door.

"Wait! I have a towel on my head and no make up on." I said, pulling back as he threw the door open.

"You don't need make up." Liam said.

"To cover up!" The other boys chorused. 

"Can I have fifteen minutes?" I asked. They nodded and I ran into the bathroom to blow dry my hair. I left my denim shorts on, but I threw on Liam's SuperMan shirt. I then pulled on my Toms and put my hair into a messy, but cute and simple bun.

"Ready!" I said, walking out of the bathroom.

"Let's go then." Liam said, throwing his arm on my shoulder.

"Where?" I asked. 

"The mall, obviously." Louis rolled his eyes and then muttered: "Amateur." 

"I don't have any money." I pointed out.

"It's okay, babe. I've got you covered." Louis said, and before I could protest, he spoke again. "No buts. Now, lets go."