Chapter 19

After grocery shopping for what seemed like forever, we got home with enough food for a banquet of 100 people. Not like I was upset with that.

We all worked together on putting the various snacks, stuff to make actual meals with, and drinks in the right place. We were finished around seven.

"What now?"  Zayn asked, fixing himself a sandwich. 

"Well, it's a little after seven. What do you guys want to do?" I asked, grabbing a Snicker's candy bar.

"We could go to the beach?" Liam suggested.

"In our pajamas?" I asked, eagerly.

"Sure!"

"I say we make this interesting. Let's see who can get dressed first. That person can pick the others' punishment." Harry said.

"Sounds good...and GO!" I screamed, running to my room. I heard doors slam as the boys had put their bags in different rooms.

I opened my walk in closet that held my dresser. I jerked open my drawer and grabbed a pair of neon green shorts and a long sleeved ULCA shirt that Niall got me. It was gray and the letters were written in black. I grabbed my swimsuit and threw it in a beach bag, my phone quickly follow. I ran downstairs and saw I was the only one there. I hid in the kitchen behind the bar, that was in perfect view of the stairs. This way, the first boy down would think he won, but then I would pop up.

I heard footsteps on the stairs.

"I was first!" I heard Harry yell.

"No! I was!" Niall argued.

"Nope. I was." I stood up, laughing at their expressions.

"You jerk." Harry laughed, adjusting his beanie on his head. He was dressed in sweats and a plain white shirt. He had his swim trunks in his hands. Niall was wearing basketball shorts, a loose fitting shirt and he had a snapback on his blond hair. His swim trunks were also in his hands.

"They beat us, guys!" Liam said from the top of the stairs.

"No!" Louis screamed and the three remaining boys bounded down the stairs.

"Who won?" Zayn asked.

"Layla." Niall scoffed.

"Oh, thanks, Nialler." I stuck my tongue out and he returned the notion.

"So what's our punishment?" Liam asked.

"You have to sing 'What Makes You Beautiful' to the first person we see at the beach. Oh, and give me a hug." I smiled as all five of the boys lined up and hugged me.

Liam wrapped his arms around my waist and squeezed me. Harry picked me up and Louis gave a normal hug, as did Zayn. Niall buried his head in the crook of my neck, as he always does when he hugs people.

"To the beach!" I said, pulling on my black Toms.

"Are we driving?" Lou asked.

"Nah. The beach is only a few blocks away. We can walk."

"Sounds good."

We all left my house and began walking. 

"Will someone give me a piggy back ride?" I asked.

"I will." Liam stopped in front of me and I jumped onto his back.

He carried me all the way to the beach. 

"Look! There's some people. Begin your punishment." I pointed to two teenage girls who were unsuspectful of what was about to happen.

Liam put me down and they walked to the girls that looked to be 14.

"You're insecure; don't know what for." Liam sang and the girls screamed. I plopped down onto the sand and smiled.

"You're turnin' heads when you walk through the do-o-or." 

The song contiuned and when they finished, they took pictures with the girls and I was invited to take one as well.

"Thanks so much!" The blond cooed.

"Yes. Really. It means a lot." The brunette was smiling, but I could tell she had been crying about something. 

The boys waved and walked off and I stopped the girls from leaving.

"Wait!" 

"Yes, Layla?"

"What are your names?"

"Mine is Anna and this is Lacey." The blond said.

"Well, Anna, Lacey, you are beautiful and don't ever forget that okay? Don't let anyone bring you down. Can you promise me that?"

"Yes." Anna smiled.

"Thank you." Lacey gave me a hug and they ran away.

I walked over to the boys, who were waiting for me.

"So what do you wanna do? We have an entire beach to ourselves." Harry asked.

"Swim in it." I gave him a 'duh' look.

"I don't feel like changing." Harry groaned.

"Me neither." Zayn chimed in.

"Then you can go in your underwear. I ain't about to ruin this sweat shirt. Be right back!" 

I ran to the bathrooms and stripped down. I changed into my plain white bikini that made my dark tan pop. I ran out, hiding my bag and saw all the boys in the water. I laughed, seeing their abandoned clothes. 

"Come on in, Layla!" Niall waved, the full moon hitting his face. Liam ran out of the water, grabbing my bare waist and dragging me into the water.

We reached the boys in no time. We were in the water pretty deep, but I felt safe.

I jumped onto Harry's bare back, bringing him under the water. Niall grabbed my arm and threw me into the water. I went under and scrambled back up, attacking him.

He swam to the surface, his hair strewn over his face.

"Cute." I flicked his hair and dove under the water, swimming to the shore. I stood up when I got to shallow water. I sat down on the ground, pushing my dripping feet into the wet sand. 

"What are you doing?" Zayn yelled to me.

"I don't know!" I screamed back and all the boys laughed. They started swimming to shore to join me.

"You're hair..." Liam said.

"What's wrong with it?" I said, geting nervous.

"It's so curly!" He said stroking my curls that had increased by ten percent.

"The salt water does that." I laughed. 

"You're so beautiful." Liam tucked my hair behind my ear, and laid me down.

He pinned my hands above me in the sand and kissed me. 

"This again!?" Harry threw his hands up. I laughed.

"Weirdos." Niall threw sand at Liam's bare back.

We finally broke apart and he helped me up. I had sand all over my back as did he, thanks to Niall.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." 

"Can we go watch a movie?" Niall randomly called out.

"Sure." I smiled at him.

"Want me to carry you?" Harry offered, as he grabbed my bag from my hidding place. I nodded sleepily and he grabbed me and carried me princess style up the beach. I shivered, considering I was only wearing a bikini.

"You cold, love?" Liam asked.

"Very."

"Here." Zayn handed me a blanket he brought and Harry helped wrap me in it.

"Thanks." 

"Anything for you." Liam whispered.

And then, I fell asleep.