Chapter 21

"Isn't someone's birthday coming up?" Liam asked, elbowing me.

"Oh God. No." I said, sitting my fork down.

"Oh yeah. It is!" Niall smirked. 

"No. No party." I sighed, finishing off my pancakes.

"Why not?" Zayn asked.

"I hate birthday parties." I laughed. "At least, my own."

"Does it have to do with fourth grade?" Harry laughed.

"You remember her saying that!?" I asked.

"Yes." He kept laughing.

"Well, yes. It does."

"Tell us!" Louis chuckled.

"No. I don't speak of fourth grade." I smiled. 

"Why not?" Niall pestered.

"Fine. I'll tell you." I growled.

"Go on." Harry started laughing. I gave him the death glare and he shut up.

"Okay. In fourth grade, my mom and dad planned a surprise party for me at a little party place, similar to Chuck-E-Cheese's." I laughed. "Anyways, they had this party planned for months. I was so excited when I walked in and all my friends were there. Juliette, Avery, and the rest of my class. There were at least fifty kids and a whole lot of parents there. It was awesome. Then, we decided to play karaoke. I was an aspiring singer as a ten year old, then eleven. This was my eleventh birthday by the way. So, I hopped on that little stage and they started playing my favorite song at the time, Pon de Replay by Rihana." They laughed. "Don't judge me." I laughed.

"We are. Now finish your story." Louis smirked.

"Fine. Anyways, I was singing and dancing, earning some laughs and claps from my friends and everyone, when the worst thing happened." I took a breath. "One little boy, who when I look back...I think it was Todd." I shuddered. "He pantsed me while I was on stage. I was horrified." I said, looking down at my hands. I heard a cough and looked up to see Harry struggling not to laugh.

"Hey! That was a horrible thing for an eleven year old to go through!" I said defensively. "And what makes it worse, is I went out with the douche."

"I know. I'm sorry for laughing."

"I was teased with that until freshman year." I admitted.

"Oh, sweetie. I'm sorry." Liam smiled, kissing my cheek.

"I'm over it, but I'm still scared to get on stage."

"We'll fix that." Zayn smiled.

"How?"

"We are going out tonight." Niall announced.

"Where?"

"A club." Niall said matter-of-factly.

"Um..we are underaged. The drinking age is different here." I pointed out.

"Oh, I know." Niall chuckled sadly. "We are going to a teen's club. Invite some friends."

"My birthday isn't until next Friday. Today is Saturday." I pointed out. One more week until I was 18!

"I know. This is a pre-party with us and friends. All next week, you are going on best friend dates with us." Niall smiled. They had obviously been planning this out.

"How long have y'all been planning this?"

"A while." Liam shrugged, but he had a smile on his face.

"Okay then. I'll go get ready and I'll text some people." I said, getting up and putting my plate in the dishwasher. "Just put your dishes in here. Will one of you please start it?" 

"Yup! Now go get ready and such."

I saluted and proceeded up the stairs to my room.