Chapter 14

"Want to go see Niall again before we leave?" Louis asked as I walked out of the bathroom.

"Leave?" I asked sadly.

"Babe, we can't stay at the hospital." Zayn said, apologetically.

"Of course we can!" I said, getting frustrated.

"Layla..." Liam tried to hug me, but I shrugged him off.

"I'm not leaving Niall." I looked at the boys. Liam looked hurt from me ignoring his hug so I gave him a peck on the cheek that lifted his spirits. Louis and Harry looked at each other indecisively. Zayn was obviously torn and Liam felt bad for leaving his brother. They all did.

"You don't have to. We can all stay the night here. But one night, okay?" Liam made me pinky promise.

"Alright." I said, my small pinky wrapping around his larger one.

We went into Niall's room where he was sitting up and eating some chicken noodle soup.

"Layla!" He lit up when I walked in and it made me feel happy.

"What's up, Nialler?" I shook his blond hair around. He moved over, making room for me to lay down next to him.

They finally unwrapped his head. It wasn't that bad. There were some scratches and scrapes, but he looked fine. His leg was another story and I still hadn't seen his stomach.

"Eating some soup. Want some?" He held up the bowl and I was shocked.

"You just offered me your food." I pointed out and it shocked himself.

"I did." And we started laughing. It felt almost normal.

And almost is overstating things. Normal wouldn't be Niall taped to machines and in a hospital. Normal would be us hanging out on the tour bus or watching a movie at a hotel.

I felt tears at the brink of pouring. I got up from my place besides Niall on his bed and ran to the bathroom. I sat on the floor and started crying.

There was a knock on the door and it creaked open slightly. I looked up and saw Harry. He always came to my rescue when I was upset.

"What's wrong? You and Niall were laughing and now you are in here crying your eyes out." Harry sat beside me and put his arm around me.

"I dunno...PMS?" I suggested, putting my face in my hands. Harry laughed.

"He's gonna be okay, Layla. I promise you. He did that for you and I can tell he doesn't regret it." Harry brushed my hair behind my ear.

"It's so hard to see him like that." I admitted.

"I know it is. It would've been just as hard if it was you." He kissed my head.

"Thanks, Harry." I said, taking his hand and standing up.

"For what?"

"Always being there when I was sad." I smiled.

"Anything for you, Layla-pop."

"Layla-pop?" I asked, laughing.

"Another nickname for you." He grinned.

"Thanks." I laughed.

"You coming?"

"I'm gonna wash my face and then I'll be right out." He nodded and closed the door behind him.

I washed my face with warm water, getting rid of the puffiness and opened the door.

Liam's P.O.V