Chpt 14. Heart attack

Start from the beginning

"What?" she gasped "What do you mean? That's stu..?

"I'll explain you later" Cameron interrupted her again "Now we have to worry about Grandpa Marcus"

She gave a glare to my dad and then to me, but nodded recluctanly. I sighed while Layla explained them what happened. My Dad gave me a look I couldn't understand, then I realize how Caleb's hand wrapped my waist and how he was leaning toward me. 

Lucky me, the doctor came out of the room and everybody ran towards him

"How is him?" Layla asked nervously

The doctor sighed loudly, oh no, this couldn't be good.

"Well... Right now he is stable" he started "He is a 65 years old; his heart is not as strong as it used to be. I'm afraid that his heart is not even strong enough to keep him alive for much longer"

Layla covered her mouth to suprese a sob while Cameron held her against his chest, and Cloe patted her back. I didn't know my grandpa well enough, but I couldn't help it when tears flowed down my cheeks. Caleb gave me a bear hug while I sobbed against his chest, I heard him whispering conforting words in his own broken voice.

"Can't you do anything?" My dad asked in a annoyed tone "This is not a deadly situation, you're supposed to take care of things like this"

"This is a public hospital" the doctor replied "We don't have the special machinery for something so delicate. A treatment like that is just provided by a special institution, and that's really expensive"

"I didn't asked if it was expensive" my dad conplained "I just want you to do your job"

"We don't have the equipment required to take care of him" the doctor repeated

"And what will you do?" Dad started to get mad "Let him die? Can you at least transfer him to a better hospital?"

"As I said before, this is a expensive treatment. No hospital will take him withot a payment, and he can't even travel in his condition"

My dad cursed loudly and pulled out his phone. I watched him as he walked back and fort while he talked, he looked a little upset. I felt Caleb's hands rubbing my back, his face was resting against mine. I gave him a reasuring hug to show him that everything was going to be okay. My dad was already taking care of it.

"Don't worry" I whispered "It's going to be okay"

"How do you know that?" He asked

"I just know" I shrugged

Caleb's POV

"I got her" I assured Chris

We were stepping out of the car now, it was 4 am and Avril fell asleep in the way. Chris let me carry her to the room, but he followed me inside, as if he feared to leave me alone with her. 

I placed her softly on the bed, remove her shoes and wrapped her in a quilt; the look on her face was priceless, she was so peaceful. 

I stepped back and closed the door slowly, I didn't want to wake her up. It took me a hell to make her leave the hospital and I didn't want her to be upset anymore.

"And you keep staring at the door like an idiot" I heard

I turned toward Chris; he was leaning against the walk, smirking at me

"Don't worry" he smiled "I had a mate before, I know how it feels"

"You seem very... nice about this" I said "You don't mind I mated your daughter?"