Chapter 65

Mmampho's POV

I exit my workplace, and the spring air hits me. Spring is my favorite season, which makes September my favorite month. People expect me to love May because that's when I was born but I love September and since the month started, I have been in a great mood.

My relationship with my children is great, and my relationship with my best friend Mavis is great as well and with my man. I sleep over any chance I get and I pay for some dates we go out on. He has been treating me like a queen and I return the favor. He has become my best friend too and I fall in love with him each and every day.

I catch a taxi to my house. Still doesn't get old- my house. I have to get ready, Chris is coming to pick my mom and I up so that our parents meet and I meet his mother-- the one who I remind Chris of so much. My mother came a week ago to visit and she is only leaving next week.

I sit next to a pregnant lady in the taxi, scratch that, she looks about eighteen. I'm not judging or anything because I was once a pregnant teenager.

"How long?" I ask, pointing at her swollen belly, hoping that she does not see me as the nosy woman from the taxi.

"Seven months. I am really excited." She smiles, yep, she is truly excited.

"Your first?" I don't know why I had to ask such a stupid question.

"Yes. I'm nineteen and yes it was planned. I've always wanted to have a child at this age, I want to be a young sexy momma." She says and I chuckle.

It isn't as exciting as she thinks. It's a real struggle but maybe it's easier if you have the right resources, and by resources I mean money. Otherwise being a young mom sucks. But I don't think anybody could ever have it as bad as I did.

And being a mother in general, it's a real struggle that requires persistence.

"Congratulations and good luck." I say.

"Do you have kids?"

"Yes, two. One of which I had when I was eighteen and no it was not planned."

"Do you want another one someday?"

"Well, not until I'm married at least. The plan was to not make anymore children but I think the guy I'm with deserves to have a child with me but only if he marries me." I say, then I think about how I rejected his proposal last year and that he would think twice before proposing again. I'm such a messed up woman.

"Oh okay. My mother almost killed me when I told her. She said I should abort the child or give him up for adoption but I refused and told her that I wanted to keep the baby."

"Are you studying or anything?"

"No, my boyfriend will take care of me, it's alright. The plan is to be a housewife, he is rich and will take care of the both of us." I give her a tight-lipped smile and widen my eyes when she is not looking. Big mistake kid. But how do you advise a teenager that is so full of optimism and excitement? It'll be like I'm that cynical woman whose relationship with my baby daddy did not work out so I think everybody's is going to turn out the same.

But it's not even about that. It's just that being a housewife is never a good idea, you never know what the future holds and it may surprise you. It's good to have your stuff as well and not let a man own you.

"You should at least find a job, you can't depend on just the man."

"Well, we made a decision and he's okay with it. And I am not taking advice from a woman I just met in the taxi."

The taxi makes a stop and she gets off. If she's dating a rich man, why isn't she being driven by a chauffeur or something, in a limo? She took a taxi and that alone says it all. I guess everybody does learn from their own mistakes and not some woman in a taxi.