Chapter 13

Mmampho's POV

Mavis gave me a few things and I highly appreciate her. I have never met someone as generous as her. I value our friendship more than anything and I hope that I never lose her.

I still have to get some things from the mall again. Lesedi said that he will be staying home.

I hope that the money I have here is enough for the things that I want to get, including eggs for breakfast. I will probably be broke by Christmas. But that's okay, I just need to be settled at home.

The taxi didn't take too long to get to the mall.
I get into the store and get the trolley, then I start walking down the aisles.

After getting everything, I remember one last thing, I said I wanted to get hairspray. I quickly move to the aisle of hair products and look on the shelves for the brand that I use.

In split seconds I hear my trolley crash and it falls.

"Oh my God! Would just watch where you're going old woman!" Without looking at her, I shout. I regret being disrespectful but then she should watch where she is going.

"I'm so sorry, I'll help you pick..."

Before she even finishes her sentence, I realize that her voice sounds familiar.

"Mama." I stop and face up.

"Momo." Momo is the name they used at home. Nobody but my parents used that name.

"Mama."

"It is you." Tears are already spilling down my face. I cannot believe this. My mother. I never thought I would ever see this woman again in my life.

"Mama I'm so sorry for everything, I regret it. You were right, I should've listened to..."

She took me in a for a tight hug. She is shorter than me but being in her arms still feels great. I cannot catch my breath. I don't want to let her go, not again, not this time.

"It's all in the past. I forgave you a long time ago. It's alright dear. I am just happy to see you."

I withdraw from her arms and wipe the tears on my face.

"No, that's my job." She uses her thumb to wipe them and I chuckle.

"You are still gorgeous my baby." My cheeks flush at her words.

She kisses me and I look around.

"I don't care what people say. You are my daughter." She says and I laugh.

"I missed you mom."

"I thought about you every single day my child. I am so glad that I got to see you before I died."

"But how are you here?"

"I live at an old age home, and I decided to come buy myself juice. The one they serve there is not nice at all." She whispers the last sentence as if they can hear her.

"But you're only sixty and can mantain yourself, how are you at an old age home? And who pays for it?"

"You ask a lot of questions, let's go pay, we will talk."

"In fact, come over for dinner." I ask her.

" I have curfew. You have to go with me to the old age home to ask for permission. With your ID so that they know that you are my child."

"I have a better idea. Let's eat lunch now and catch up. Then you can go to the old age home, I will fetch you for the Christmas break."

"I would definitely love that my dear."