Chapter 63

Lesedi's POV

Two days after I got a phone, I met up with Dimples and she gave me her number and we have been chatting everyday ever since. She is such a fun person to talk to. We have been getting to know each other and she has been such a good friend. Of course I like her, I just wanted to get to know her first and I am still doing that. I will ask her out when the time is right.

In fact, I am on my way to meet her at the park right now. I get excited yet nervous every time I have to meet up with her.

"Hey." She says and takes me in for a hug.

"Hi, how are you?"

"Pissed. My mother won't stop nagging and ordering me around. I love her but she can be a pain in the..."

"Woah, calm down. I'm sorry about that."

"Lesedi let's play a game." She says, her lips curving up to form a smile, revealing her Lauren London dimples.

"Sure." I say out of interest.

"We just ask each other questions and we have to answer honestly okay? If you cannot answer, you owe me lunch- for as many times as you don't. Is that okay?"

"Sure, you go first."

"Favorite flavor of ice cream?" She asks.

"Uh... vanilla. The career you want to pursue."

"Either an actress, lawyer or a news reporter. Honestly I think I want to do anything that involves interacting with people and just being... me. Uh, I want to know about your family." Oh no, she's in for a huge surprise here. My family stories are just not interesting and it's full of drama. I laugh and ask her if she's ready for what she's about to hear and well she does seem intrigued.

"Okay so my dad left us when I was four and my sister wasn't even born yet."

"That's messed up, I'm so sorry."

"It is, but don't feel bad for me but that's not even the dramatic part. So by leaving us I mean he kicked us out and moved on with a new woman. My mom wasn't working so we lived...uh." I clear my throat, embarrassed to say it but this is Dimples and she would never make fun of me. I've known her for two months and she is a good person. I've learnt to trust her and I've never had real friendships, the ones where I was close enough to them to tell my family secrets and drama. I've never had someone to lean on, someone that gets me and I think Dimples might be that person which is why I'm willing to be transparent and tell her everything she wants to know about me. I have never shared that part of myself with anyone and she is about to be the first. Opening up has always been hard for me and I feel comfortable sharing more than I have ever shared with Dimples.

Normally I just get acquaintances just to smoke with, have drinks or just play soccer. Boys never really have deep conversations or open up, let alone be vulnerable. It's easier to just avoid your problems and smoke them away instead of facing them and having someone to talk to.

"Are you okay Lesedi? If you can't, it's fine I can ask another question and let it slide on the lunch." She is just perfect isn't she? But I want to tell her.

"So we lived on the streets for a few months. There you have it, I was a hobo, together with my pregnant mom."

"That must have been horrible, is it okay if I ask how the experience was?"

"Yes it is okay. It was horrible, I went for days without food, I begged on the streets, wow, we... we couldn't bath anywhere, I eventually got used to it though. So I know you're probably wondering how we got here. You are about to hear a very dramatic life story, I hope you're ready.