Chapter 25

Chris' POV

She whispers something to her friend before she comes over. Does she have a halo on top of her head or this is the alcohol within me causing me to hallucinate? Probably the alcohol. She moves in a sexy way, moving her hips side to side as she gets closer to me. Her burgundy lipstick stands out and brings out the grey color of her eyes. She twirls her hair with her index finger as she sits on the stool besides me. She crosses her legs just in front of me but she turns around to call on the bartender with just a snap of her fingers.

"The same shots I've been drinking, two of them, also bring me the lavender strawberry."

"Cool." Tim says to her.

I see her tucking her lip in between her teeth from the corner of my eye as I fidget with the empty shot-glass in front of me. Tim places her drinks in front of her and the girl pushes one of her shots in front of me.

"No thank you, I had enough."

"Ugh! Don't be a bummer. Have fun. I'm sure that's the reason you came here right. It's my treat." She scoots her chair closer to me, leaving no space for me to move my legs.

"You look sad, tell me about it over a drink. I could order the lavender strawberry for you, it's not as strong as the shots, I promise and it tastes good."

"You should do marketing, you are so good at convincing." She proudly smiles at my remark.

"I try." She calls Tim and tells him to give her the cocktail.

"What's your name?" She asks me, moving her face towards me in a flirty way, still playing with her hair. As she gets closer, I feel as though I cannot breathe, out of discomfort of course.

I shift my gaze to her pale thighs and swallow whatever was stuck in my throat. My drink arrives and I gulp on it.

"Slow down knight, you're going to choke." She flirts and tucks her lip in between her teeth. Why is she making me nervous? I could actually use those shots. I tell Tim to bring me three shots and I drink them without a break too, the heat is not too much anymore and I just want more and more and more.

I am so intoxicated right now.

"Knight, you never told me your name. That's alright, I will call you knight." She sounds drunk too.

"You have something on your face." She comes closer to remove it and I shiver. Her fingers then move from my face, to my neck and she keeps moving them down and she stops when she gets to my belt.

I cannot even project a proper sentence right now. I keep asking for more drinks and the bartender just keeps bringing them.

"What's wrong knight? Who upset you? Tell me what you want." She is still flirting.

"I just want to be happy." I finally say something.

"So you came to a bar to find happiness?" She lets out a soft chuckle.

"Maybe. I thought I would feel better if I came to drink."

"No knight. Don't go around trying to find happiness. Stay carefree, love, enjoy life and..."

"Love." I chuckle scornfully.

"And happiness will come to you." She ignores me and continues.

"I think that happiness is like a soda. It's sweet, fizzy and doesn't last very long. One has to enjoy happiness before it disappears. Because it will disappear eventually. Do you agree?" I ask incoherently.

We laugh before she says, "maybe that's one way of looking at it. Or you could say it's like a radio signal that's loud one moment but gone the next. When it disappears, it gives a chance for pain to take over. It's like they work together, you know?"