Chapter 40

Chris' POV

"Yea, it was just a bad dream." I tell the petite woman next to me. I do not even remember her name.

We met at a club earlier tonight and she said that she wanted to come home with me. I mean, Courtney did say that I needed a distraction and hanging out with her would not help me get over what I have for Mmampho. "It's stronger than I thought," she said to me that day and I laughed at her for mocking me that way.

It's crazy how I have been taking advice from Courtney, she has turned into my best friend really quickly. She is the best. I do not know how many times I've hung out with her but it sure is a lot. And sometimes she comes to my house and we watch movies while having drinks, and when she is too wasted, I tell her to sleep in the guest bedroom and I would drop her off in the morning.

So she said that I should go out with a woman, or women to get my mind off the one I truly love. It works sometimes, until I say out her name and the women get mad and leave. Or sometimes I just get distracted and picture her sitting next to me instead of these women.

I never really go out on dates. It's just that on Saturdays that I go clubbing or to a bar, there is always a woman trying to throw herself at me and I jump at the opportunity you know? It's like I don't even have to put in any effort to get a woman.

I come back with the women to my house and we would be too drunk to do anything other than just sleep but before they leave my house in the morning, we obviously have sex. I'm literally trying anything that would make me forget Mmampho and apparently for most men, sex and alcohol helps. So I tried it too and there is progress, I guess.

"Want to talk about it?" She asks.

"No, I would rather..." I lean in to kiss her and I pause to say, "have..." I kiss her forehead this time, "fun with..." I then kiss her cheek, "you." Then I kiss her lips and I hear her giggle.

She comes on top of me. I kiss the crook of her neck and I hear her breathing getting heavier. She lightly caresses my shoulders with her long nails and I suddenly want more.

She exposes her neck to me and I suck on the skin and she lets out a moan. It's sexy and captivating, I want to hear more of it. She starts grinding her waist on top of me and I just want to take her on right now but as I take off her top, I get a call.

She tells me not to pick it up as she kisses me but I say, "what if it's from work?" She rolls her eyes and gets off me.

I take my phone off the headboard and notice that the number is an area number.

"Hello." I say through the speaker.

"Hi, is this Chris?"

"Yes ma'am. And you must be?"

"Thabo put you as an emergency number in his phone so you are probably the right person to call. Thabo has gotten in a terrible accident and you have to come to the hospital right now."

"Okay okay. Which hospital?" I ask as I hastily get dressed and get out of bed. I do not even take time to wash my face or brush my teeth. The woman tells me that it is the hospital in this area and I thank her for calling before I hang up.

"Look, I have to go. You will have breakfast and let yourself out. My maid will come in a few hours and you can leave the key with her." I do not give her a chance to reply and I am already out of the bedroom door. I fix myself up as I descend the stairs and I snatch my car keys from the counter and run through the door.

I get into the car. My adrenaline is rushing and I cannot breathe properly. This is too much to take on. I quickly ignite the car, open the gate and drive through it.