Thirteen

N'saya Marie Pov:

N'saya Marie Pov:

I stood at the counter ringing up shoes this girl was buying for her boyfriend.

"Thanks, babe." He said holding her waist and kissing her neck. She nodded her head and looked up at me and I noticed her black eye.

"Ohmygod," I mumbled as I checked the computer to see if she had a membership with us.

"Your total is 348.90 maam," I told her and she handed me her cash hesitantly. I counted the money out and gave her the change and her shoes and receipt.

"Have a blessed day," I told her and she nodded her head walking away with him.

"God bless her," I said thinking back about how my mom used to have bruises from my father.

"Nsaya your not on the schedule for overtime today." My manager Charles came and told me.

"Oh I know I was just finishing up the last customer it's the least I can do," I told him and he nodded his head.

I grabbed my stuff and clocked out and went to the mall's food court. I went to Panda Express ordering me, Gavin, and Kennedy some food.

"Damn I knew that ass looked familiar." I heard behind me and turned around seeing bam.

"Hello to you to bam," I said to him as he walked up next to me skipping people in line.

"Sir I was next." Some elderly white lady said and he turned around and looked at her. Getting scared of what he was going to say next I spoke.

"He's with me, ma'am," I told her and she nodded her head with a small smile.

"What you doing here?" He asked me as I grabbed my food from the worker.

"I work here what are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Well, I came to see you to keep it a buck with you." He told me and I gave him a small smile.

"Well you see me, but I have to go before I miss the bus," I told him.

"I'll take you home." He said and I nodded my head no.

"Girl I already know where you live I've been there plenty of times you might as well let me take you home." He told me.

"Fine, I don't want to eat my food on the bus anyways," I told him and he laughed leading me out of the parking lot to his car.

We got in his car and he set the GPS to my house.

"When you gone let me take you out again?" He asked me and I shrugged my shoulders as I drunk my lemonade.

"How's bout this, I take you out but you choose where we go." He said and I smirked.

"I like that idea when?" I asked him and he rubbed his chin hair.

"Well shit this Saturday cool with me." He said and I nodded my head.

"So where are we going?" He asked me.
"You will see," I told him as I grinned and chuckled.

He pulled up in my apartment complex and I hopped out of the car going up the stairs.

I walked into my apartment going to the kitchen and putting Gavin and Kennedy's food up since they weren't home.

I'm finna give Bam a run for his money.