Epilogue: On The Job

3rd Person P.O.V.

3 months after the Fall of Beacon
In a hospital near the heart of Vale

As the nurses rush room to room, taking care of the patients, the hospital has been nothing but busy as usual. Then, an unusual guest has come through the doors: General Ironwood.

He checked from the receptionist to see the prioritized patient is still inside the hospital. The patient was set to be discharged in a month but for now, he is forced to stay.

It's not like he wanted to be here but it's for his best. He scooped the spoon into the soup he had just been given. Mushy. Well, he can't it's better than the one he had in the last maximum security prison he was in. It was better than none at all.

As he was about to consume the soup, a knock on the door came. The door opens as the nurse who took care of him for the past three months, entered the room.

"Hey, Patty, anything you need?" the man asks.

The nurse shakes her head in reply.

"But I do know some people here who wants to talk to you."

As the nurse replies, the General and some of the soldiers came in.

"Hello there, General." the man greets.

The General simply nods at his greetings and handed him a folder.

The man inspects the content of the folder and pulls out sheets of paper. Then, he pulled out a piece of paper with his picture on it and his information typed out.

Name: (?) L. Carmine
Birthday: Unknown
Birthplace: near Mistral
Relatives: Benjamin Carmine; Father (deceased), Valerie Carmine; Mother (deceased), Gwen Carmine; Sister (deceased)

I: That's all the information we have on you.
L: This is all a little too much already.

The General then stands by his side.

I: How can this be a little too much when it doesn't exist?

Lucas looks at him expectedly.

I: Do you still remember the team I mentioned to you back in Beacon? Well, we've got the people we need. The only person missing is you.
L: Why me?
I: Because you have a diverse background in almost everything and we need a jack of all trades to help us with the team.
L: What if I don't help you?
I: Lucas, you are still considered a criminal even if you've changed. You didn't think we still haven't forgotten what you did at the subway station back in Atlas and Vacuo, have you?

Lucas thought for a few moments and finally replied.

L: Alright, fine. I'll join but what's in it for me?
I: You'll be a ghost. You no longer exist. Atlas might be willing to pardon you for your crimes but it's not entirely sure, though.
L: Alright, fair enough.
I: Oh, and there's one last thing.
L: Yeah?
I: We need you to locate four people that could be of assistance to us...