Chasing the Chance

As I get ready for launching, I look over to Pyrrha. She gives me a warm smile as she got launched by the pad. I follow her trajectory and see her disappear along the treelines. I see two other enrolees get launched-one ginger-haired girl and guy with black hair with a pink streak along his hair. I was next in line to be thrown.

And as I try to calm myself, that was when I was suddenly flung towards the forest treeline. And as I was about to crash towards a tree, I used my semblance. Strips of paper came from everywhere and as I blinked, I was slowly descending towards the ground.

I landed softly on the ground and as I looked back towards the treeline, there was a literal paper trail. It slowly disappeared after a few moments. I continued on walking towards a way out of this forest. But first, find Pyrrha and the other enrollees.

I walk around looking out for any possible places where Grimms might hide. But I couldn't help noticing how tranquil the forest is. It was quiet. Too quiet...

As I was occupied with my thoughts, I see a pair of eyes staring right at me. I take three steps back and ready myself for an attack. Just then, three more pairs of eyes appeared from beside me. A Grimm then launched itself at me and I rolled away enough to avoid it.

And as soon as the first Grimm attacked, the remaining few appeared.

I ready my weapons which materializes in my hands. The Grimm that attacked me rushed towards me and I quickly slice its body making it roll lifeless along the ground.

I notice the remaining few be cautious in moving. I walk forward carefully with my hands gripping the weapons tightly. One weapon changing into a sword.

I charge at the Grimms and slash at one causing it to fall back. The remaining two come at me at the same time. I stab one with a sword and let the other Grimm slash at the other. I then slice behind the knees of the Grimm which causes it to kneel. I stab it in the neck and leave the saber in while I grab the sword from the other Grimm's guts and pulling it out and stabbing it up the chin causing the sword to come out from the top of its head.

I pull both the weapons out of the Grimms. Both disintegrated beside me.

I turn my saber into a shotgun and as the last Grimm alive pops out, I blow its brains out.

Then I changed both weapons back into its saber form.

I continue on with my walk as if nothing happened and start looking for Pyrrha and other potential drop-ins.

I walked for 10 minutes with no luck finding any other people. Just then, I heard wooshing and rustling sounds behind me. I turn around immediately but there was nothing .

I follow the sounds and as I pin point where the sound will come next, I materialize my saber and throw it at a tree and a figure, about 5 foot 3, stood right in front of it.

"Wanna do this the easy way or the hard way?" I called out as I walked closer to the figure.

The figure, which turned out to be a woman, walked closer.

"Alright, alright, let's do this the easy way." She says after a light chuckle.

She's a faunus. Probably wolf. Brown skin. Light brown hair. And golden eyes.

"Looking for any flaws? Don't worry, you won't find any." She quips.

"Too bad I can't see personality." I reply.

She raises a brow and smiles.

She reaches her arm out to shake my hand and I gladly accept it.

"Pleasure to meet you. The name's Fabienne Muto."

"(Y/N) (L/N). Pleasure's all mine."

We both smirk at each other , then we hear a loud roar. We look at each other with a nervous expression and I spoke up.

"That was most likely a Nevermore. It's best we keep our distance from it." I say.

But then, a loud boom came from the direction where the roar was heard. Fabienne and I looked at each other, this time, with worried expressions.

We both decided on checking out the source but we don't know what'll wait for us there.