Test Your Might

I walk around the hall with the memory of me accidentally spilling my secret crush on Pyrrha with my teammates. And they made sure for me not to forget it by following me around. And right now, I'm not too happy about it...

NOT HAPPY AT ALL.

I sighed and finally gave in with their gazes and smirks.

"Ok, can y'all stop? Right now."
C: Why? We were just getting to the good part...
"If following me around with a really smug aura is not even the good part, I'd hate what you call the best part..."
C: Oh, lighten up, big boy, having a crush is just part of your normal, everyday journey through puberty.
A: Yeah, I mean we all had a crush in some part of our life. Don't tell me you didn't have a crush when you were younger.

What Al said got me thinking, did I really have a crush before? Let's see...

There was Shirou, but I just thought she's pretty...
Neon? Nah.
Lucas? No, more like a role model.
Pyrrha? Definitely...

"Nope, not even just one."
A: Seriously? Either you were indecisive or kinda gay.
"Stop, you're sounding like my dad right now."
A: If I had a son who didn't even remotely have a crush on anybody I would think that too.
F: Alex, come on, give (Y/N) a break. He's been through enough today already.
"Thank you, Faye."
F: If he wants to stay closeted, leave him be...
"You two-faced bitch..." I quietly thought.
F: Just kidding!

I ignore my teammates and walk off while they followed me all the while teasing me but I just can't take it anymore. I turn around to finally state my case.

"For the last time, I'm not gay!"
???: I'm sure you aren't.
"Thank you!"

I freeze in my tracks and slowly turn around and, lo and behold, there she was. Pyrrha. I blush hard and my mouth begins to shake. I can hear my teammates snickering just behind me.

I swear, everytime I turn my back life takes the opportunity tp fuck me over...

P: Hello again!
"Hey...Pyrrha."
P: Are they your teammates?
"Unfortunately..."

Faye elbows me at my side, clearly not taking the statement lightly while the others are chuckling lightly.

"Anyways, how you doing?"
P: Fine. Oh, (Y/N), I was meaning to ask if you could join me after school for some tea.
"Tea? Sounds great..."
P: Of course if you don't like tea, we have soda...
"Count me in. What time?"
P: Just after school. Meet me at the side of the building later.

I hear a cough coming from my teammates and snickering. And as the bell rung signalling the start of another class she says goodbye to me and walks off. As I watch her walk away, I swear I saw her do a tiny hop before I turned around.

F: That is one invitation you definitely can't decline.
"One more pop culture reference from you and I will throw you out the window, young lady."
A: You're sounding like my dad right now.
"Let's just...get out of here. Anyways, which class are y'all going to next?"
F: Miss Glynda's
A: Same...
C: Same.
"I swear, ever since I entered this school, my life has been a series of coincidences and jinx."
C: Maybe you have cursed teammates.
"So it would seem. Anyways, we're gonna be late, come on!"

We speedwalked our way to the next class and we got there just a second before the second bell rang and we saved our tails.

We found a few seats just above 4 girls with a blondie reaching across to a somehow younger student. She looks like she's 14. 16 as the maximum. All the while annoying the unmistakable white-haired Schnee.

I look at the girls below and can't help but smile a little. Then I look at my teammates and my smile quickly faded away. They were looking at me with smugness. I flip them off then in walks Miss Glynda with another person. It was Lucas Carmine. He has the recognizable stoic face on. Then Miss Glynda started introducing us to him and he stood by on the side as Miss Glynda went on with lessons in self-defense and offensive sttacks.

This was Carmine's specialty obviously and I was a big fan of his, so I was excited if he was going to pick a volunteer.

And after the discussion, he was willing to do it. Huh. Maybe I should think it so I could jinx it. He first pointed to a guy about a few inches shorter than him. Lucas told him to attack him and before we all knew it, we were wondering how he went behind the desk. The guy stood up slowly and shook his head as to shake off the whiplash.

Next, he called a girl-the blonde girl from below us-and she went over with a confident stride. And when he told her to attack, she didn't hold back. Throwing punches after punches but none of them didn't even remotely connect. Then he blocks one of the punches with his elbow and the girl stopped her flurry of punches as she looks distressed. She threw another punch but Lucas caught it and trips her then grabs her collar all the while keeping a knee on her elbow joint and slowly pulling up her arm.

She taps quickly and as fast as Lucas could, he let go of her. He helped her up and gave her a handshake. She went back up the stairs-now without the confidence she once had and rubbing her neck.

Glynda asks who wanted to be the last volunteer and honestly, after watching him almost eliminating two students on my first day of school. But I raised my hand anyway...

I stood up and swallowed the last of my pride. I walked down the stairs towards his direction and breathed heavily. He can see the anxiety in my eyes, I can feel it...

We stared at each other for what felt like a long time. Neither of us wanted to go first.

Then I went in for the first hit but he quickly dodged it and he went for a grab but I quickly maneuver and ended up grabbing my coat. He then went for another grab but I blocked and every time he tried, I would block it. Then he finally grabbed me and I escape quickly before grabbing him and he grabbed them off and I was able to hit him with a double-palm strike.

G: Mr. (L/N), what do you think you're doing? Hitting a guest? And on the very first day of classes of all days-
L: It's alright, Miss Goodwitch. This is what makes me excited. I like a little challenge.

He then slowly walks towards me and bows. I bow back. And then slowly lifts his hands up assuming a fighting position. He grabs and I try to escape but his grip is as tight as it gets. I try to do a high collar grip but he counters it with a Mistralian arm tie which gives him time to set up a take down. He trips me and I fall down quickly then he picks me up by the arm.

He then goes to town with me with takedown sequences. I try to stand up and he just takes me down with a Fireman's Carry. He picks me up again and next he drops down and does a circular maneuver under me and lifts my leg up and takes me down with an ashi-seoi-nage. He transitions to an armbar and let me tell you, it was the most painful thing I experienced. I tapped out quickly and he finally released me.

He helps me up and shakes my hand. He has this kind little smile on his face when he looked at me.

L: You did good, kid. You seriously remind me of myself when I was younger. Well, maybe less depressed than I was your age...
Anyways, you're skills were impressive back there. I hope we could spar some time?

I give a nod. I can't believe he said that. I go back to my seat whilst ignoring the pain in my shoulder. My teammates looked at me and I can tell they were very much impressed.

C: Well, look at the big boy here showing off his big boy skills...
"Shut up."

I smile at my teasing teammate and turn my attention towards the two figures-Glynda and Lucas-exit the room and I leaned back in my chair closing my eyes.

A/n: Hello, guys and gals, EggyBoiHours a.k.a. MC Ride-desu here. I apologize for not releasing this chapter for so long. To be honest, I actually finished this a month ago but I was too busy to finally publish it. This is just supposed to be a filler chapter but I hope that I didn't upset with the wait.