Class Act

I sigh heavily as I walk towards Professor Ooblek's class with every step getting heavier. It's like my body's refusing to go to the class. I walk inside the classroom and it was just loud as fuck. People yelling, sleeping and overall, just dicking around. I sigh heavily and drop my head in hopes no one notices me.

I look up one time and I see a familiar face among the others. It was C.C.

I give her a small wave and she returns it with a bright smile.

"Hey, (Y/N). How's school so far?"

"Kinda boring."

"I hear ya. My first class was with the Pringles mascot and the Monopoly Man's son. He spent all period talking about his stories and how he was always the hero and all that nonsense."

"I wouldn't call it nonsense. Take it as a history lesson...but as a self-insert fanfic."

"*snicker* Name me one damn self-insert from any part of history."

"Dante's Inferno. Literary history."

"You're good..."

And with that, we both laughed then the professor came in like a blur. And I'm not even fucking around when I said 'like a blur'. I meant it.

This guy was so hyper, he went around the room before I could even say 'professor'. And as he went around the room at an incredible speed, he blew by many students causing some papers to scatter.

He finally went back to his desk and introduced himself as Professor Oobleck as he sips from a canister.

It would be largely untrue if I were to say that isn't caffeine inside the canister.

He started the lecture almost immediately after he drinks from his cup and we barely even got to take out our notebooks. As we listen to him, the words he said went by faster than a bullet and there was no damn chance we could catch up.

But there was one person that could: C.C.

I asked her if she could share notes with me and she agreed. It pays off having a great teammate.

The lecture went by fast (and I mean really fast) and we all exited the room. And it signaled the start of recess. So me and C.C. went to the canteen to see Faye and Alex already seated.

C.C. went first to the table while I decided to go get some grub first because just by listening to Professor Oobleck, I already felt drained. So I went and grabbed a tray and who else was behind me: Pyrrha.

"Hey (y/n), how are you doing this school day?"

"Ugh."

"Same."

"Oh, really? I can't imagine the popular celebrity Pyrrha not being fond of school now."

"You have no idea."

We both laugh and got food and went to seperate tables. As I was approaching the table with my teammates, I see Faye looking at me with a smug face. I give her a questioning look and sit down at the table.

F: I see you've got your eyes set on Ms. Nikos...
Y/N: Yeah, well, if you want to talk to someone you set your eyes on them, right?
F: Well...that is a good point.
A: Dude, don't even try to hide it.
Y/N: What do you think I'm hiding?
C: Your crush on Pyrrha Nikos.
Y/N: Right...
F: Oh, don't try to look surprised.
Y/N: Yeah, well-you know what? Fuck it. Yeah, alright, y'all got me.
F: ...
C: ...
A: ...
Y/N: What? Yeah, I do have a crush on her. And I kinda...accidentally...asked her out...accidentally.
F: We were just joking around but holy shit we got a lot of juicy stuff.
Y/N: You're shitting me.
C: We were. Until you said your secret, that is.
Y/N: *groan* Godfuckingdammit.

The rest of the girls just laughed at me and we all ate with three pairs of eyes staring at me smugly.