Wake Up Call

Beep beep beep be-

I slam my hand multiple times on my phone trying to turn it off but to no avail. After the 9th time I slammed my hand on my phone, I finally managed to turn it off. I begrudgingly get up and rubbed my eyes to force myself to wake up. And with a yawn, I get up from bed and carefully make my way to the bathroom as to not wake up any fellow enrollees.

As I check on my reflection, I catch a glimpse of an old scar. I tilt my head upwards and run my fingers down the line. This shit almost killed me when I was young.

I shake my head at thought and continued to wash my face. My (e/c) eyes look dead tired for reasons I don't know. As I finished my business in my bathroom, I go out to see the enrollees already up and readying theirselves.

I approach my stuff and pack it as I get ready for the test later. I take my bag and take out my clothes to change.

About 40 minutes later...
I'm finally prepped for the test and I'm fixing up my weapon: two white sabers almost looking like it was made out of paper.

It may not be much but what matters is the one using it.

As I checked my weapons for any problems, I heard a voice behind me.

"Takes some skills to handle that weapon."

I turned around to see none other than Pyrrha Nikos.

"Heh. And so does yours.", I reply.

She snickers and we both look at each other. Both smiling and blushing.

I try to break our gaze before we fall deeply in it and take up more time than needed.

I stumble on my words and try to improvise.

"So, uh, if I pass the test, will you go out with me?"

"Oh, um, excuse me?"

Way to go, dumbass.

"Oh, I didn't mean to say that-I, uh, that was a mistake.", I quickly reply.

Pyrrha looking flustered, tried to reply back but was cut off by the announcement.

"Aspiring students of Beacon, the test will begin in about 15 minutes. Please get ready and approach the platform outside. And good luck..."

Pyrrha looks at me, dismayed.

"sigh. Well, I guess that's my cue."

I let out a heavy sigh.

"I guess...anyways, good luck!"

"You too. And by the way, that thing you said to me, I'll think about it."

She walks away and looks behind me and gives me a wink. I blush at the sight and I followed quickly behind her.